Sunday, October 9, 2011

Reaching Out MBA Conference REVISITED!

Why Hello Hello...  for those of you who have been following me for over a year now, do you remember last year when I went to the Reaching Out MBA (ROMBA) Conference in Los Angeles?  If not, here's the post of my ROMBA Pre-Arrival Post.  I definitely had one of the best times of my life at that conference last year which I even told the organizing committee at the end of the conference.  While many of my friends are at National Black MBA conference in Dallas right now, I decided to forgo that conference because we have finals this weekend.  I just took my Economics final on Friday and today I studied about 11 hours with some folks on Accounting.  Thankfully our accounting final is open book, but we all know that open book exams can be THAT much harder.

In any event, I bring up ROMBA, because next week I'll be attending ROMBA in Dallas with 14 classmates as an MBA student!  Last year I went as a Pre-MBA student and was able to make some incredible contacts and friends!   Some of the other Pre-MBA friends that I met there are now at other schools - Anderson & Tuck to name a few.  It'll be nice to reunite with them next week, although I've seen my friend from Tuck a couple other times this summer.

I'm thrilled to attend the conference again, but what's more is that I'm excited to see my classmates enjoy the conference for the first time, because I know how much it helped me last year.  Of course I'll be on the prowl to make some connections for recruiting purposes!  We all need to get a job right?  Speaking of which, I have my work cut out for me over these next couple of days.  There are a handful of companies that will be at the conference and I want to impress them.  I know how beneficial making contacts at this conference will be, so I have to have my game face on!

On the flipside of that, I can't wait to be reunited with all of my other friends at random b-schools.  I know they're going to read this blog, so to those of you at Tuck, Columbia, NYU, Darden, Chicago, Yale, Tepper, Goizueta, and let's not forget Michigan (Go Blue!), I cannot wait to see you guys!  I know I'm ready for the line dancing festivities.

I must be going to sleep now because I have an Accounting final tomorrow (today) at 1pm.  Need my beauty rest.  Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by