Friday, April 30, 2010

7 Days until GMAT - Retake inevitable

Hello everyone... I just wanted to give an update on my life recently...  

I'm going to hop right into it...  Thursday I took a practice exam.  After 4 months of studying I saw no improvement!!!!!!  WTF I mean really?  Now I know/feel that I know more now about the test and the material than I did back in January.  The question then becomes... what is not clicking?  why is that THING not clicking?  How do I make it click in 7 days?  What if it doesn't click in 7 days?  How much pressure will I put on myself for the 2nd time around?

These are all the questions that are going through my brain right now.  I don't think it's healthy the amount of pressure and time that I've put on myself for this friggen exam.  I already know that I'm going to have to retake the exam and I'm ok with that.  In all honesty... as embarrassing as it is to say... at this point... if I break a 600 I'll be content lmao.  Just hearing myself say that makes me smile at the irony, seeing as though I kept telling myself 720 720... well a 720 is not easy.  I know it's not supposed to be easy... but I thought what I was doing would get me there.  I now realize that that is not the case.  I've also realized that saying "that that" can in fact be grammatically correct.  Granted there may not be an antecedent in the sentence, thereby making the sentence incorrect, but nevertheless one can use "that that" in a sentence.

SEE!  Now... right there.. the last couple of sentences in the previous paragraph shows me that I do know what I'm talking about.  So why is it that when I take practice exams I still make stupid mistakes?  I think I know what it is... I've been putting off tackling those stupid mistakes by saying "oh...that was a dumb mistake... ok i've recognized it... I won't let it happen again."  instead what I should have been saying to myself was "why do I keep making that mistake?"

In any event, I have left NYC for the weekend.  I am home in Jersey.  I came home because my parents wanted to take me out to dinner for my birthday.  "To dinner" and "for my birthday" are prepositional phrases both modifying "out".  

Right now I lay on the couch (i no longer have a room at home... go figure!) typing this blog post.  Tomorrow morning I will wake up.. and begin reviewing all quant.  Sunday I have a free Kaplan practice exam which will be flanked with more studying.  I'm going to take the day off of work on Monday to go over all mistakes and such from all previous practice exams.  Tuesday is my final practice exam...and then I'm going to review what it is I've done up until now.

Currently, I'm at piece with the test date being Saturday.  If I were to move it back a week or two, it wouldn't make a difference in my score.  I feel that on Saturday I will be as ready as I can be given the circumstances.  I need to get one official test under my belt, and I feel that I have the strategy to kill the exam the next time.

I told Brandon (Osirus, for those of you who have been following since February) earlier today that I understand what I need to do in terms of studying the most efficiently the next time.  The second time around that I study, I will know what I don't know.

Maybe I'll surprise myself!  Wish me luck guys! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by