Sunday, August 14, 2011

Hindsight is 20/20

WOW is all that I can say after these last couple of weeks.  Again, I must apologize for not keeping my blog updated since I've gotten to school but I have some good news coming down the pike very very shortly!

I cannot even begin to speak about the great time I've had up until this point between math camp and orientation activities, so I won't try to cover it all.  But what I will say is that NOW I completely understand why the application process is what it is.  I cannot begin to tell all the new applicants how important it is to be incredibly candid and tell YOUR story in the applications.  It is only now that I realize that when admissions officers say "We want to get to know you" - that they really mean it.

My peers are incredible and I'm excited to find out who is in my core group tomorrow.  I have faith in the two women, who have created the groups according to our results from StrengthFinder 2.0, that we will be able to play off of each others strengths and mitigate each others weaknesses.  It should be a fun time...

I will say this though...there is a ton of drinking that goes on in business school.  :-)  ....at least during orientation haha.  I have my Core schedule now and I'm happy that even though my classes start at 8:40am it's still better than me having to wake up at 6:30am to head off to work!  Oh... my classes?  So for the first part of the Core I have Micro Econ then Marketing and then Accounting.  Fun fun...

As I wind down this blog (no this is not my last post just yet) I want to make sure that people still know that I'm available to give advice should one need it.  I'm also willing to take a look at people's essays (for any school not just Johnson) and make suggestions in crafting your story.  Note - I do not correct grammar.  But I do believe that I have a good handle on how to bring out the true meaning of what one is trying to say in an essay.  I'm 98% positive that I will not be able to get back to you within 24 hours, but definitely within 48 hours.  My email is richardbattlebaxter@gmail.com.

It's "funny" to look back at my blog and see that a post that I wrote a year ago around this time was about the level of introspection needed for essays.  Here is the post:  http://money9111.blogspot.com/2010/08/am-i-cut-out-for-this.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by