Thursday, February 2, 2012

Recruiting Recruiting & Other Stuff

I can't believe that I haven't written a blog post in nearly 12 days!  I can't let that happen again.  There's waaaay too much going on that I need to write about for me to go that long without having blogged.

Right now I'm sitting in the 2nd floor student lounge at Sage waiting to hear our Dean speak and then we're going to Sage Social.  Sage social is basically Johnson's happy hour (and a half).  Then I believe my friends and I are going bowling here on campus.  Yes, we have a bowling alley here on campus!

But with that being said I'd like to just give a quick update on what I've been up to these last couple of weeks.  So yeah let's talk about recruiting for a second.  Recruiting is upon us!  I've been doing a lot of celebrating for my friends who are doing Investment Banking because they've received their internship offers.  Most of them received them last week but one of my friends got his this week.  I have been out 5 of the last 7 days celebrating with them.  I won't blog about the offers that have been received because they're still debating which ones they want to take.  I will update you guys on that at a later date.

It's interesting being in recruiting season.  I'm having flashbacks of business school acceptance time.  Being at a school like Johnson where I know mostly everyone in my class is tough because yes there are only so many offers than can be given out to people.  Last week while the banking offers were going out there were some marketing offers that were going out as well.  I found myself being happy for one person for receiving an offer only to then walk around the building and then having to console someone else for not having received the offer.  So yes, even though I wasn't in THAT boat, I found myself just as stressed out as everyone else was.  It was definitely an emotional rollercoaster.

Last week I myself had a phone interview which went pretty well.  Things are starting to ramp up for me now as I continue working on cover letters and resumes.  I have my short-list of companies but need to add to my longer list.  Can't start the summer without an internship right?  It's tough because I'm going for tech companies and I know that many of them don't give offers until March/April.  So I have at least another month of hearing my friends get offers before I get one.  I'll have to keep reminding myself of that though as the weeks go by.

On a lighter note - in two weeks I'll be going up to Smugglers Notch in Vermont for a Ski Retreat hosted by Tuck!  Of the say, 100 people going, I probably know half of them.  It's being hosted by their equivalent of Johnson's BGBA (Black Graduate Business Association).  I have been skiing before but not recently, so this should definitely be interesting!

Hhmmm... let's see what else is going on in my life at the moment.  Oh!  I had a heated debated today about the Facebook IPO.  I'll have to write another blog post about that because it's interesting being in business school and being around all of these type A personalities who can add that finance perspective to the whole deal.  I used to be one of the advertisers that are clamoring to advertise on FB.  I'll leave it at that for now, but I just hope that things work out.  It's an exciting time.  I do think that the people who will make out the best are the realtors in Silicon Valley who can capitalize on the new-found wealth.

I have to go now because the Dean will be speaking in 20 minutes.  Then...drink time!

Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by