Sunday, February 5, 2012

SUPERBOWL Activities



Today was the Superbowl but that wasn't the only thing that I had to do today.  Even though today is basically a national holiday the world of business school does NOT stop for anyone or any event.  It's crazy, but I definitely had a fun weekend.  Now it's time to get back into the swing of things.

Today (SuperBowl Sunday - even though now it's 2am on Monday morning) I had to wake up to go to Sage hall (my business school building) to work on an Operations assignment.  I actually like Operations or Ops as we all call it.  There's something about figuring out the capacity of an assembly line by determining it's bottleneck capacity that thrills me - especially when we have to figure it out in case form!  Don't ask - but to each his own right?  Some people thoroughly enjoy Finance or Accounting, but I like Ops.  It's interesting to see which subjects/topics people gravitate towards in my class.  All I can say is thank god the core is over!

So yeah, I had to do an Ops assignment and send it off to my teammates.  I told them last week that this week would be busy for me and that I would do as much as I could on the project but I couldn't do the final write up.  I have three interviews this week and knew that my Sunday would be taken up by the Giants winning the Super Bowl!

After I sent off the assignment to my teammates, I had to prepare for my interview tomorrow morning.  I have one tomorrow morning and another one on Tuesday to them be followed up by one on Wednesday.  Thankfully two of my teammates already have their Summer internship offers because they aren't stressing at all this much like I am.  This is going to be a big week for me!  Everyone keep your fingers crossed for me please!

After I did some interview prep I walked back to my apartment and dropped off my things so that I could go to the Super Bowl party.  At the party I had my printouts of my notes and was going through them during the game.  During the commercials I tried to pay attention though.  It's interesting learning Marketing in business school and then watching a big day like the Super Bowl where the commercials are a major attraction.  I was sitting next to one of my classmates and we were analyzing the commercials that we saw which I must say were sub-par this year.  I was quite disappointed!

When the Giants finally won, I had to leave the party ASAP so I could get home and continue reviewing my notes and preparing for my interview.  That's why I'm still up right now.  You guys all know that I stay up late anyway so this isn't uncommon for me.  With that being said - since my interview is in 6.5 hours I'm going to call it quits for now and go get my clothes ready and make sure that I'm all set for the morning.

BOOM G-MEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by