Monday, March 5, 2012

Tuck Ski Weekend

Clearly I've been MIA.  The thing about blogging that I've realized is that it's not that complicated or time consuming to write blog posts when you're consistent with it.  Once you take a break for a couple days/weeks then it's even that much more difficult to start up again even though there are many things that you may want to talk about.  So this blog post is going to essentially be a brain dump of my last couple of weeks.  A lot of things have been happening regarding recruiting but I won't talk much about that.

Instead I will talk about the fun things that I've been doing.  Well one thing that I've been doing is mock interviews with prospective students.  Thankfully all of them thus far have been admitted.  I'm still waiting to hear back from one person who applied to Johnson.  I really want this person to get in because this person simply gets IT and what it's like to be a Johnson student.  Actually I just realized that I'm waiting for two people not just one.  ::shrugs::  considering I've been in contact with at least 8 people Johnson/non-Johnson students, I'll take the odds.  It's very weird right now as a first year.  I'm not sure if my friends at other schools feel the same way.

Initially the focus from the school for the first half of the year was on us since we were bright eyed and bushy tailed 1st years.  Now that we're in the 2nd semester of our 1st year, the focus is now on the incoming class (Class of 2014) as well as the outgoing Class of 2012.   Us 1st years are like "hhmm well this is interesting."  as we all try to wrap up our recruiting efforts.  So there are some things that I've been doing to keep busy - aside from class.

3 weeks ago I went up to Vermont to Smugglers' Notch Resort for Tuck's 3rd Annual Black Graduate Business Retreat.  I had an INCREDIBLE time!  It was great to see old friends from other schools.  The schools that I remember being in attendance were of course Tuck, Stanford, NYU, Columbia, Duke, hhmm Rochester, Syracuse.

We left Friday morning bright and early at 4am, hit up a Dunkin Donuts and then went on our merry way.  It was a 7 hour drive but definitely well worth it.  Once we got to the resort I went to get my equipment and wanted to hit the slopes at least once before the days festivities began later that night.  Plus the slopes were closing shortly, so I had to rush.  The next day I was out on the slopes for about 7 hours with a break in-between for lunch.  It was GLORIOUS haha.  Later that night there was a 90's party and dinner.  (I'm speeding through this post because I'm waaay behind and I want to write another one tonight).

After the 90's party we went to an afterparty thrown by NYU.  Apparently, I ate all of their Tostito's and Salsa!  Yeah man, I was very hungry!

There isn't much to the weekend that happened other than what I've told you.  Okay Okay actually that's a big fat lie.  A lot of things happened that weekend but what happens in Vermont - Stays in Vermont!  So with that trip I've been bitten by the ski bug and I'm thankful that I go to a school with a ski slope that is 20 minutes away!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by