Monday, March 5, 2012

Random Updates & Pictures from Johnson

So as you can probably tell by my lack of blog posts, but I've been very busy these last couple of weeks since I got back from Winter Break!  Because I am doing the customized immersion here at Johnson my course load this first half of the core is a little bit lighter than many of my classmates.  I did in part due to the fact that this is MY recruiting season now.  Most of my classmates have their offers already and know where they are going.  Due to the nature of recruiting for Tech Companies, the recruiting cycle just starts much later.  That's all I'll say about recruiting for now.

Instead I'll talk about some other things that have been going on here.

CLOSING OF THE PALMS - Well one of the major things that has occurred is that The Royal Palms (a staple bar here in Collegetown) closed down last week!!!!  This was a huge deal as it had become our unofficial hang-out spot aka our default bar!


What was interesting about the closing of this bar is that many Cornell alums were coming back to Ithaca to have one last drink before they closed down.  I met a lot of interesting Cornell alums during the last couple of weeks they were open.

Here is a picture of my friends and I partying it up!


In the apartment complex that I live in there are about 100 other Johnson students so last week some of my classmates planned a Pig Roast!  Sure it was cold outside, but it was a must attend event!


Like I said in other posts, I've been going skiing more and more often.  Next year I definitely want to have my own gear so that I don't have to keep renting equipment.  It's nice to have a near professional skier as a friend because he loves skiing.  I think he would go everyday if he could.  So anytime I feel up to it, I just text him and say "Hey... let's go"  I've been twice with him this year.  Here is he choosing his beats before we head back up the lift.


I've also been attending  a lot of Hockey games.  After the pig roast last week we went to the #2 Cornell vs. #1 Union hockey game WHICH WE WON and were tied with them for first place (for a day).



That's the only short little update that I'm going to give tonight.  But I promise that I'll update my blog more frequently now!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by