Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Disappointment in B-School



There hasn't been a day recently where I've blogged twice in a row so this is a special treat haha.  I wanted to write this post because I feel like this whole time I've written about great things that happen in business school.  I want to say that there ARE low points in business school and today I've experienced one, yet again.  I don't think I wrote about the other one, but maybe if I ever write a book, I'll talk about it.

I will not go into details about my day today, but it definitely started off very well!  Then around 1:15 I got some not so nice news that threw me for a loop.  I was completely consumed by the conversation that I had with someone and for the next couple of hours after my class I was running (not really running) around Sage trying to get a lot of the administration's input on the situation.  The great thing about business school (at least here at Johnson) is that there is always someone to go to for guidance.

That's essentially what I did.  I wanted to know how to best go about tackling this situation so I sent emails to people asking for a couple minutes of their time.  I wanted to hear multiple views on how I should proceed and then formulate my own opinion of the situation.  Each person that I met with was definitely fully invested in the situation that I was bringing up and I'm thankful for their input.  The final outcome was one that I knew I would go with, but to hear different perspectives was very important for me.  Sometimes you just need a sounding board right?  Well that's what I got today.

There are two things that I can do NOW that I've gotten some clarity about the situation.  I could dwell on it or I can put it behind me and move forward.  For those of you who know me, I'm sure you can guess which one I'm going to do.  I had to take a deep look at my innate modus operandi to determine how I would move forward.  So I'm going to focus on the future and not so much what just happened today.  It's out of my control so there's no reason to dwell on it right?  at least that's what I'm telling myself.  It's definitely a not so fun situation though - I'll tell you that much!  That's the way the cookie crumbles I suppose.  I am incredibly thankful that I had an army of people to turn to though!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by