Wednesday, November 16, 2011

TRANSitioning (Owen Student Blogger)



Right now I'm sitting here in the basement of Sage hall watching CNN and messing around on Facebook before I have to go to my Finance study group -> Student Association Elections -> Silicon Valley Trek Info session.  The reason that I write this post today is because when I was at the Reaching Out Conference about a month ago, I was sitting at the lunch table with some folks from HBS, Columbia, Owen, Johnson (a classmate) and some other schools.  Also around the table were some Google reps.

I remember vividly a question that someone from HBS asked - "Does anyone have anyone who is Trans at their schools?"  99% of us said no and then there was one person Dani - who said that he was transitioning from Male to Female.  I don't think the topic was out of the ordinary for anyone at the table, but I know that at least for me it was not.  What's more brave is that Dani is going through the process mentally & soon to be physically while IN business school.  What surprised me though was the fact that Dani is blogging through the process as an Owen (B-school @ Vanderbilt) blogger!  Naturally, as a fellow blogger I found this to be incredible!

Dani sent an email to the Class of 2012 (and I believe 2013) at Owen to let them know the transition that would be made.  Can you imagine what that must have been like?  As I'm writing this, Dani has made three posts thus far and you can feel the emotion as you read.

Well... If anyone wants to follow Dani's blog you can find it here:  Queering the MBA

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by