Sunday, March 7, 2010

Hi Front Desk...Can I Have a Wake Up Call?

So I took my second CAT exam on Saturday and got a worse score than the first time. I'm definitely disappointed in myself but upon further analysis it isn't as bad as it seems. Here is the reason:

QUANT - Spent 8 MINUTES on one question because I KNEW i could get it... really 8 minutes? I should definitely take my own advice. I also spent 4 minutes on another question... stupidest moves ever right?!? yes I know... I did well on the topics that we've covered in my prep class up until this point. Only missed 2 of those topics - it was all of the topics that we haven't covered yet that gave me trouble. But during the exam there were simple things that I knew I would be able to answer because they were not hard at all. Also if I wasn't rushing through the last half of the exam I would have done much better. Even still I increased my Quant score which was hella (for you west coast folks) surprising!

Verbal - Not sure what went wrong here to be honest. I thought I was doing well, but upon looking at the topics that I got wrong, again they were topics not covered before. So I got questions wrong in succession which hurts your score more. I will also admit that I ran out of steam towards the end.

So with that being said.. I did better in Quant and worse in Verbal... this was definitely the wake up call that I needed... I will be rededicating myself to this exam!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by