Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Another Busy Day in Business School

Hey Hey Hey...  I've been receiving a lot of messages about how I've been feeling these last couple of posts and I'm happy to report that I'm out of my FUNK!  So no more dwelling on that... on to the good stuff!


Today I have a very very very busy day.  Usually our student council meetings are at 7:30AM on Wednesday mornings, but today was had a special guest here at school so we had to move our meeting to Tuesday to accommodate him.  Who was our guest you ask?  It was our new Dean!  Dean Soumitra Dutta who was (I think still is) a Professor at Insead in France.  He will be taking over as Dean on July 1st of this year and we are definitely excited for him to come to Ithaca.  Here is his bio for those who are interested:  Dean Soumitra Dutta (yes it's a bit.ly link.  I'm just trying something out.  :-)  I won't go into too much detail about what we discussed but I would say there were about 26 students who were in attendance.  Last years' Student Council board (Class of 2012) was also in attendance which is why there were 26 students instead of 13 student.

After the student council meeting I had to do some running of errands and sending of emails!  That's always a fun part of my day because I get to knock off the "quick wins" from my To-Do list.  I'm sure you all know how that goes right?

Then I dropped into the Office of Diversity and Inclusion (ODI) to poke my head in and say hi to Nsombi Ricketts who is the Director of ODI.  Many people know of Nsombi from admissions events and through MLT and the Consortium.  I saw that her door was open and I hadn't seen her in a couple of days so I just wanted to say hello!  You can tell that my mood has changed because I'm now back to my old self - aka flitting about!

After visiting Nsombi I realized that I was almost late for my Competing with Social Networks class, so I said my goodbyes and ran to class.  Hhmm let's see... post class what did I do in what I'm calling a busy day?  Oh!  I went to my next class 15 minutes later haha.  There was an unusual amount of prospective students in that class today and I'm not too sure why.  I do think that they sat in on a great class though.  It's refreshing to see such bright-eyed prospective students.  I walked into the room and was like "WHOA"

After that class I had to run to the bookstore really quickly to pick up something and then run home because I had to set up for a Skype interview with Kaneisha Grayson who is an MBA/MPP Admissions Consulting for her own service - The Art of Applying!  Of course I will post the video on here once it's up.  I'm not exactly sure how long I've known Kaneisha for, but our paths crossed on Beat The GMAT when the advice she was giving to users echoed the comments I was making in my head.  We both enjoy blogging so it was natural that we would connect at some point.

So yeah, I did an interview with her for about..... thirty/forty minutes, which will probably turn out to be a 20 minute interview after it's edited.  It was definitely fun.  I always enjoy doing interviews.  Then we talked for another 20 minutes or so just getting to know one another better.  We have incredibly similar personalities as it turns out and we both watch Braxton Family Values.  I really admire the track that she's on and know that she'll end up being very successful in her future endeavors.  Definitely keep an eye out for her because there are big things to come in her camp.

You may just be thinking - oh he's just saying that because she's paying him or for whatever reason, but by now I think everyone should know that I don't do that.  If I support something I talk about it.  If I don't support something, I may talk about it but in a different voice and I'll let everyone know that I don't support it - although I don't think I've done that on my blog.  #Digressing  So yeah...

That was the bulk of my day then I had to of course do some reading for class tomorrow.  I also spent some time preparing for an interview that I have later in the afternoon.  Next week is DJ (Destination Johnson) our admitted students weekend and I'm thrilled to meet the potential Class of 2014!  I know they're going to have a blast.

Things that are coming up = DJ, my 30th birthday celebration, MBA World Cup @ Tuck, _______________  there's something else brewing that I don't want to mention just yet.  Stay Tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by