Sunday, June 10, 2012

"Is this really my life?"

I wanted this post to be about my trip to Japan but my memory card is upstairs and I don't feel like walking upstairs to get it.  Therefore all of my pictures from Japan will have to wait until a later date.  In the mean time I can just talk about some things that I've been up to.

Reflecting on my first year of business school still happens, especially when I meet people who say "Hey you have that blog right?"  But now that I've started my internship and am back in the workforce, for the summer, I'm realizing the importance of business school.  I've learned an incredible amount as well as experienced a great deal that makes me understand why I worked so hard to get into business school.  I frequently have "Is this really my life?" moments on a daily basis.

For instance, two weeks ago a classmate of mine had a birthday party in NYC.  It was on the rooftop of his apt building in midtown.  I had previously been at another friends going away party in Brooklyn.  It was a small one bedroom apt but was nice and quaint.  It was great to see my friends but I had to leave that party early to go to this classmate's birthday party.  I remember hopping back on the subway and heading into the city.  When I got my my friends apt building in midtown, I took the elevator right up to the rooftop.  When i opened the door on the roof I was greeted by a huge building with red, white, and blue lights.  It's a building I had seen every day for the last 4 years, but it was still awe inspiring to me.  It's not everyday - at least not for me - when you find yourself partying on a rooftop with the lights of the Empire State building beaming down on you.

After i got over the shock and awe of where I was, I RAN over to my classmates and gave them ALL big hugs!  It was like being reunited with long lost family members.  We just sat outside and drank.  Definitely something we had done many-a-times before, but it was different this time because things had come full circle.

That was one incident that recently happened.  The other one occurred this last weekend.  I got a text earlier in the week for a party at a recently graduated 2nd year (I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that I am now a 2nd year).  So this text message was from a recent Johnson alum.  I'll just say that.  So on Friday after I finished work, I headed uptown to meet up with two of my classmates and one of their Columbia MBA roommates.  We had a couple rounds of drinks and then went our separate ways, but we were to reunite later that night.

I headed downtown to the Financial District to go to this house party.  I walked into the apartment and didn't see anyone in the living room.  I did hear music in what I thought was the bedroom, so I made my way that way.  I walk through the bedroom and see people outside on the patio/balcony.  NOw if you don't know NYC, a balcony/patio is an incredible perk.  I saw many of the 2nd years who I had just seen a month previously.  It was very great to see them and see that they're all doing well.  The "Is this really my life moment" came when I realized that we were staring at the Brooklyn Bridge.  It was a gorgeous night, we were in a gorgeous apartment, we had great food, great drinks, and I was with great classmates.  It was definitely a great moment in time.

Then a classmate and I took a cab to the village to meet up with some of our other classmates.  We went to the bar and got drinks and sat, talked, and laughed.  It was great.  I couldn't tell you what we talked about because I don't remember.  I had a lot of vodka, but I know that we had fun.

This week is going to be filled with other activities.  I'll try to keep you all posted!

LIVING THE DREAM - 1 DAY AT A TIME!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by