Saturday, February 27, 2010

OHNO...Temptation is killing me

So you may be wondering why I am posting to early tonight... well the title may slightly give it away.  This might be one of my favorite titles.  Last night I was watching the olympics and Apolo Ohno lost because he touched/pushed the other skaters...  I was really looking forward to him winning that race because he hasn't won a gold this whole olympic games.

I was studying during the race and then got sidetracked online for a long while talking to friends all because of Apolo Ohno!  Then I realized that it was late and that I should go to sleep because I had to go into work today... yes on a Saturday...  I had to straighten some things out and learn how to edit HTML codes for this dedicated email that we have going out in a couple of weeks.

I knew that it would take a while for me to figure out what to do, on my own, so I just bit the bullet and got to it.  I also had to fill out a questionairre, which you'll hear more about in a week or so.  Just keep that in mind.

Just so everyone knows, I work on 54th and 3rd and I live on 52nd and 11th.  It seems far, and if you're walking it's definitely far, but I take the subway to and from work.  It's pleasant when it's not cold outside.  In any event, I left work tonight at 10pm and as I was walking home I walked passed a couple of my favorite bars.

THEN THE TEMPTATION SET IN... so the other half of the title today comes from Destiny's Child's song Temptation.  I started thinking "well you can go out for a couple drinks..." now anyone who knows me personally knows that that would be an impossible feat for me.  My drinking mantra is either "Go Hard or Don't Come!"  I kept repeating to myself "you have to study you have to study you have to study you have to study you have to study."

So then I passed the bars and I get home thinking that I'm safe... no such luck... i log into Facebook and I have a message from an old friend telling me how he's been in NYC for months and hasn't seen me yet, and that we should hang out.  ::ugh::  why couldn't he have said this last weekend when I took the week off?

I think I'm good now that I've vented!  I'm going to set up my study materials... have a cigarette... order food... and get to it... I'll definitely be up late tonight since I slept until 12pm today, so I'll be posting again later.

....  aaaahhh crap Jennifer Lopez is on SNL tonight isn't she?  and it starts in a half hour!  FML

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by