Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Use Protection!!!

Hello yet again...

So as I'm walking to work this morning... this young guy walks out of his building and cuts me off and starts walking in front of me...  this would not have alarmed me except for the fact that he wasn't wearing a jacket!

Where is HIS PROTECTION (Jacket)?

Now for those of you who don't know (and can't tell from the picture) I live in NYC... on February 2nd it was HELLA cold!  Yeah that was for my west coast peeps - HELLA... For my New Englanders.. it was WICKED cold.. although to you guys you're probably like... PUHLEASE it's not that cold.. anyway I digress...

Don't you hate when people say I DIGRESS?  it's like.. "ok you realized that you're digressing, but by you saying "I Digress", you're going even further... just get back to your point already!"  anyway.. I digress  ;-)

I don't know what possesses people to walk out of their houses unprotected...  so you're definitely wondering how this relates to my GMAT prep... WELL...i wrote a story about it.. like to hear it?  here it goes...  (I'm still waiting for someone to tell me which popular 90's tv show that quote is from).

So today I had my 2nd MGMAT prep class.  As anticipated (... anticipated is a participle) people had warmed up a little bit more this time.  We started off the class with a short partner quiz.  It was basic stuff, or shall I say, I found it to be basic, because I had done the assignments.  I don't know how people can take a $1500 class from arguably the best GMAT prep class in the world, and not do the assignments.

This one girl, WAS FALLING ASLEEP!  I'm thinking to myself "GIRL... WAKE UP THIS IS IMPORTANT" but I let her sleep... HEY if you want to get into the nitty gritty of the GMAT, if she takes the exam before me I'm practically competing against her!  So I really should have gotten her a pillow.... anyway... I digress  ;-)

My Protection (terrible tie in to the title) against "failing" this exam is below:
So...  the key takeaway from today was that I need to reevaluate my study habits.  In a previous post I mentioned that I underestimated how much work there would be.  Last week I did the assignments... and the problems I got wrong (which were a lot), I would look at the answer in the back of the book and then try to make it my own.

This is the incorrect way of going about this.  So from now on, after I mark the problems that I've gotten wrong, or took extra time to complete, or just couldn't set up, I'm going to then redo the problems untimed, but using the proper study guides.  (That whole sentence was a mish mosh... and I don't even care... IT'S MY BLOG DAMNIT!)

On the quant front we did Primes, Divisibility, and Consecutive Integers... I HATE ABSOLUTELY HATE THESE... which unfortunately means that, they need to become my bffs!  That's the only way for me to score a 710!

I got an email today regarding an MBA information session tomorrow at some place somewhere in the city.  I need to figure out what I'm going to wear - where's my damn suit!  I wonder if any other people I've met at other MBA events will be there.

I will take thorough notes and add them in tomorrow nights post!

One last order of business is the current standings...

Me = Money9111

I know I lost the lead tonight... but don't cry for my Argentina - Osirus0830 is a good candidate to hold the title!

Enjoy your day!  Stay Warm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by