Monday, May 9, 2011

LAST DAY OF WORK - Friday

I have to be honest with everyone.  For the last week or so i've been keeping a big secret.  Actually, it's not that big... I simply forgot to write about it lol.  So this Friday is my last day of work - at my current company.  I didn't want to say anything before because "random" people read this blog and that's the last thing I needed to deal with at work.


I know I've been talking about how my classmates are quitting their jobs and traveling and what not.  I'm still not in that boat because I will still be working but now I'm going back to the agency side and then my last day there will be July 21st.  I'm excited to get back on the agency side of things because the atmosphere is much different - more collegial I'd say too.  For those of you who are asking "what do you even do?"  Well I'll tell you... I do digital marketing - a guru of sorts ;-).  Although I guess if I had to pick a specialization within that field, it would be Search Engine Marketing.  Of course I know all of the other stuff, but that's what I know the most about, which is good because most people don't.

But without getting into Why MBA - Why Now - because I see the topic going that route, I'll tell you more about what's been going on and why I decided to leave the job I've held for about 2.5 years.

It was a tough decision actually.  Mainly because I spoke with my manager and we discussed me giving as much notice as possible.  She knew I was applying to school... was one of my recommenders....everything was fine and dandy.  Then through a friend of mine I sent my resume to this agency telling them that I was looking for a 3 month position.  My background meshed with what their needs were and it worked out that I'd be making 40% more than I do now.  Not that I make any large sum of money - not by any means - but given the hit that my bank account has taken over the year, I can now breathe a little easier knowing that I can enter school with some money in my savings account.

So with that... My last day is Friday and then I start my new job on Monday.  I already know some of the comments that may come, but I'll let them come in first before addressing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by