Monday, July 18, 2011

2.5 Days of Work Left

I'm almost FUNemployed!  So this chapter of my life is finally coming to a close.  I've had my last weekend in NYC.  On Friday night I went out to my friend's going away party.  She's going to Duke, well technically she's there already.  Math camp started today for her.  If you're wondering who I'm referring too, it's my friend that I was talking to when I got the call from Cornell. She's been through every step of this process with me so it was nice to be able to send her off with a bang.

Then on Saturday night I had my party in conjunction with friends from Stanford, Wharton, Tuck, and Kellogg.  We sponsored a party in Brooklyn at a friends house and had over 115 friends in attendance!  I had an incredible time and met some great new people as well.  When I was saying my goodbyes to them it was no longer, "Oh I'll see you next week... or I'll see you at dinner."  This time it was "Oh have fun at school...I'll see you at National Black or the Reaching Out Conference."  Kind of bitter sweet but this is what we've all wanted.

Tomorrow is my 3rd to last day at work!  I'm counting down the hours not because I don't enjoy what I do, but because it's time for me to move on to something new.  Plus I feel left out because I would say 90% of my friends who are going to b-school have quit their jobs already.  I'm definitely a late bloomer in that regard.  Also, tomorrow is my going away party with my closest friends.  

We're going to Agave in NYC.  Initially I wanted to go to a fancy place that I've always wanted to go to but then I thought about it and realized that I want my last dinner in NYC to be a good one with great food.  So although I've been to Agave before, I don't mind going back.  The atmosphere is very intimate so I'm looking forward to being able to talk with my friends and be able to tell them how much they mean to me.  It's important that I do this because they need to know how much they've helped me get to this point through their continuous support.  I remember at one point during the GMAT debacle I told them not to call me on a Friday/Saturday night because I did not want to be tempted to go out and party.  They also allowed me to miss a lot of important events without being upset with me.  So yes, I'm glad that they will be in attendance tomorrow night.  I'll take a picture with them so that you can see who is on Team Richard!

Wednesday night I'm going out to dinner and drinks with some ex-coworkers, one of whom is one of my recommenders.  So that will definitely be bitter sweet.  

On Thursday I'm flying out to Michigan to hang with my peep.  Then I get back to Jersey on Sunday and have to pack up my life Sunday and Monday.  On Monday night I'm going out to dinner with the parental units, then I'm off to Ithaca on Tuesday!

Later in the week after I get all of these dinners out of the way, I'll go back to writing about business school stuff.  I mean I just got my lease in the mail today... I've signed all my master promissory notes... I need to go shopping and stuff... that's all very exciting but I just need to tie up some loose ends first.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by