Monday, July 25, 2011

Moving Day TODAY!

Well folks!  The day has arrived!!!  Technically, I am moving to business school TODAY!  As I typed that last sentence I realize that I have been waiting to utter those words many times.  I also realize that I've SAID that I've been waiting to say something many times.  While each time the statement has been true, THIS one is of the utmost importance.

I'm REALLY leaving for business school in less than 7 hours.  I'm actually awake right now because I just got back from the bar...muahahahah.  My best friend from High School took me out for drinks since I won't see him until after the Core is over and done with.  I've had a great last couple of weeks with saying goodbye to friends.  It was uber important for me to do this because I guess the older I get the more and more I cherish my friendships.  It's amazing to have people in your court who unselfishly want to see you succeed.  I hope that everyone has the type of support network that I do.  If not...find new friends.

So anyway enough of the sap.  Am I fully packed?  Nope not at all.  Should I have gone out to the bar for a couple of cocktails?  Probably not.  Do I need to be awake in 5 hours to complete my packing?  Of course.  Am I concerned about it?  Nope... not at all.... tomorrow is MY day haha.  I'm riding up to Cornell with my mother and my father.  My dad is coming to pick us up around 6:45 which means we'll probably get on the road at 8.  If this happens, and there's not too much traffic, we should be pulling in to campus around 1pm.  I want to make sure that we do get an early start because my parents want to see the campus and the business school.  Yes, it's very much like undergrad for me where I take my parents around campus.  But you know what... I'm not embarrassed at all.  Without them it would not be possible so there's no shame in my game.

My iPad is charging... Phone is Charging... he has a navigation system, so hopefully I'll be able to fall asleep at some point in the journey.  I feel for my international classmates because I realize that not everyone has this type of Army behind him/her arriving on campus.  I have a couple classmates who are arriving shortly who are coming in with simply two suitcases.  I'm sure their other stuff is on it's way but for some that's not the case.  It's not that I feel bad for them per se but it's just a different thing ya know?

Then the plan for after I show them around campus is to hit up the supermarket.  After living home for a couple of months since the city, I've forgotten that sure I'm going to need to buy cleaning supplies, light bulbs, food... etc etc all that stuff that I've taken for granted these last six months.

Then after the school tour and the minor shopping excursion, I plan to link up with my classmates and begin to "have fun'.  "Have fun" is code for.... "Bar Crawl."  Then on Wednesday I'll continue with MBA Math.  (oh yes that is still looming and MUST be done before Math Camp starts on August 2nd).

I must be going to sleep now, but I wanted to let you all know that tomorrow I plan to write a blog post with the cost of getting to business school.  This is something that I have not been able to find elsewhere and a lot of people do not really give insight in to.  But applying, getting in, and arriving on a business school campus is NO CHEAP FEAT!  It's actually ludicrous, but there's an opportunity cost for everything right?  So it's a neccessary evil.

OH and sidenote for those who are interested - yes in addition to Math Camp, I have already received another assignment.  I must read two case studies by August 4th.  It won't be difficult but yes... even though classes haven't started, for some of us the work starts NOW!

I will send an update when I get on campus in 12 hours!  Holy Crap - 12 HOURS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by