Friday, July 8, 2011

It Finally Hit Me

So as I was sending out the Facebook invite for my going away dinner, it FINALLY hit me that I'm going to be leaving my friends in three weeks.  It's very much bitter sweet I tell ya.  I think my friends are more prepared for my departure than I am.  I remember when I went to my friends party last week she started crying.  So when we were talking outside she was going on and on about her friends and how she didn't want to leave them because they meant so much to her and they also didn't want her to leave.  I definitely understood where she was coming from because it's not that she made a bad choice in going away to school vs. staying here in the city, but yes throughout the application process your friends do mean a lot, even if you don't get to see them very often because you're always studying or away visiting schools, etc.

It may seem cheesy but it is what it is.  I said to her "You're feeling this way because these people have allowed you to basically "forget" about them for a year and a half while you went through the application process and met new people, yet they supported you throughout.

So while I was sending out the invites to my "Bye Bye Battle-Baxter Dinner" last night, I got THAT feeling.  No I did not cry but I did get a little sad.  So my going away dinner is in two weeks and I need to find a location.  I'm debating between two places.  One is me and the other is REALLY me but I don't want to do that one that is REALLY me on a weeknight because it will get out of hand.  I'll figure it out.

In addition to my going away party with my friends, I have a whole host of other events to attend before I move up to school.  Tomorrow I have a bday/going away party for a classmate.  Next week I'm probably going out for drinks with my coworkers.  Then next Saturday I'm having my going away BASH!  A couple friends of mine who are also going to b-school decided to throw a big going away party.

Here is the tagline from part of the invite:  "We're sending a few future MBAs off with a bang!! Join Cornell, Kellogg, Stanford, Tuck and Wharton students and few honorary friends for the BBQ/Party of the SUMMER!!!"

We're going to have a DJ and of course food and alcohol so it's going to basically be pandemonium (in a good way of course).



Then one night I have to have dinner with my Mother and Father.  This is very much so a rare occurrence and LONG overdue.  Yes I live with my mother (because I moved back home a couple months ago), but I rarely see her.  And then my Father lives about 45 minutes away and I see him quite infrequently, so this will be an event.  But a much needed one since I'll most likely be MIA for two years.


From July 21st - 24 I'll be visiting one of my very good friends in Michigan.  He goes to Ross and is doing his internship but it'll be good for me to nurture our friendship because I can already tell we'll be lifelong friends!  Hey JSab!  also we've never really been able to drink together so this should be very interesting haha we're very similar in that regard.


On July 26th, I will be moving in to my new apartment in Ithaca, NY!  Woop Woop!  Then I'll have a busy week of helping my classmates move in to their apartments haha.  That's quite alright, I welcome the activity!  We won't have anything to do until August 2nd when Math Camp starts - so there will be a lot of bonding going on.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by