Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Good-Bye Dinner






Helloooo everyone!  So I know you’re all anxiously waiting to know how last night went.  Well my dinner was friends was perfect.  It turned out exactly the way I envisioned it.  (I guess that’s why I initially said that it was perfect….)  As I said in my last post, we went to Agave down in the Village.  Halfway through appetizers I told my friends that they were to think of a funny story about me and tell it to the table.  It was good to rehash old stories as I go on to create new ones with a new group of friends.  Then I also gave a “speech.”  I started talking when I felt that I would be able to keep it together, but to no avail I was not able too.  I just wanted to tell them how much they meant to me in general and especially throughout the application process which was the toughest time of my life.  I would not have been able to get through it without their help and support so I wanted them to know that.

Now the next order of business is drinks with my ex-coworkers tonight, couple bschool friends, and my GMAT tutor.  That should be a fun time!  Then It’s back home to pack for my trip to Michigan.  I’m very much so looking forward to that as it’s going to consist of a lot of beverage consumption.  This will be my “vacation” this year.  Since I’m in no position to travel the world like some of my classmates are, this little getaway will hit the bank account slightly (it better be slight JSAB), but is a much needed getaway.

Now here is where the MBA stuff comes back in to play.  So remember how I was nominated to be in MLT back in….I think May?  If not… go here (http://money9111.blogspot.com/2011/05/nominated-for-mlt.html) Well, I have an MLT assignment that I have to complete by the 25th (Monday).  That means I have to do it while I’m in Michigan because I will be packing all day on the 25th and then going out to dinner with my parents.

Tuesday is the big moving day!  I actually need to find out from my father if we can take his truck up there.  That way I don’t have to pay $X to rent a U-Haul.  I would not enjoy driving a U-Haul for five hours – or maybe I would!  But it is another $300 that would have to come out of my pocket and I would rather buy my books with that $300.  (There will be a post on the day that I move in with how much money I’ve spent going through this process)  It’s uber important that people know what they are getting in to.

Hmm what else… Oh so I got my lease agreement today – FINALLY!  Just gotta sign that thing and bring it with me on Tuesday.  I’ll be renting furniture with my roommate so thankfully we don’t have to worry about beds and couches and all that nonsense.  Just essentially have to bring my clothes…some linens...all my Cornell swag that I’ve received and ordered  ;-)  Then once I move in I have to make sure that I get through all of the MBA Math material to prepare for Math Camp which starts on the 2nd of August.  I’ll make a separate post for folks with the agenda for Math Camp.  I kind of had a little heart attack when I saw the agenda.  But it should be a good time because a lot of my classmates will be in attendance.  That means that some of them will be there when I get there on Tuesday.  You know what THAT means don’t you?!?  I do lol….

Until next time folks!
Over and Out - RBB

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by