Sunday, July 31, 2011

In Ithaca, a week later

Hello all!  So I had this big plan to document my trip up to school given the amount of work that it took to get here, but in all honesty...I'm EXHAUSTED!

So yes I've finally made it too school and I've decided that I am not going to blog that often any more about my experience IN business school.  There will just be too much to talk about.  I've been here in Ithaca since last tuesday and have met the most incredible people already.  There has been a lot of drinking going on and with that comes a lot of bonding!  We're basically the early birds in Ithaca right now and for the next week or so it will probably remain as such.

I still have plans to write my "thank you" blog to everyone who helped me along this journey, but I've decided to hold off until the first actual day of classes.  Sure, right now I'm laying in my bed and have to wake up in the morning to go over to the health center and then buy my financial calculator and finish MBA Math before Math Camp which starts on tuesday and make yet another trip to Walmart (I know that was an incorrect sentence), but I just feel that I can officially close this chapter of my blog on the first day of classes.

Some things I've learned from my classmates thus far are:
1. I've learned that I can help someone saw a couch in half for the purpose of getting it into the house and then run to the department store to buy the materials to put it back together.

2. I've learned that in some countries it's custom to pay for drinks on your birthday for your friends.

3. I've learned that in other countries stores do not have return policies after you've opened something.

4. I've learned that in Ithaca it will rain for 15 minutes and then be completely sunny.

5. I've learned that I need to get accustomed to bars ceasing to serve alcohol at 12:59am, and then making you finish the liquor by 1:30am, and then close at 2:00.

6.  As a result of #5 I've learned that I should always have a refrigerator stocked with alcohol for the afterparty.

7.  I've learned that helping people move in to their apts is a good way to get people to pay for your drinks.

8.  I've learned that a great percentage of my classmates and I are Go Getters.

...and I've learned that right now I'm so tired that I'm falling asleep so I must be going.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by