Thursday, July 8, 2010

510 GMAT Admitted to HBS!

Hola!  So I was reading an article that came through my Google reader the other day.  What caught my eye was that the:

Preliminary Class of 2012 at HBS: GMAT range was 510-790!

Granted the mean GMAT was a 724 but I just thought it was great to see that yes GMAT isn't everything.  I'm sure this person had a very compelling application or has been to space! J/K I'm sure it's very very well deserved!

Anyway - I found that to be very interesting and I thought I would share with you folks!  Back to what's going on in my GMAT world...

So today I finally cracked open the Veritas CR book again.  I'll be honest in that I was apprehensive about tackling CR again.  When I took the class last month we were doing more advanced CR problems and they were throwing me for a loop.  I guess I got discouraged with it, but I know that with this test... if you have a weakness you cannot let it get the best of you otherwise the test will!

So tonight I went through the end of the Geometry guide.  I must admit that some of them stumped me.  There was one question asking about something shaped like a Toblerone box... you know... not quite a cylinder or a rectangular box... yeah they threw in a triangular shaped figure and wanted me to find out the area of the triangle or something like that... I didn't know the formula so I gave up on that one.  When I looked at the explanation it looked pretty standard!

Michigan Ross?

Let's see.. let's see.. what else is going on in my world?  Oh.. I signed up to attend a Michigan Ross information session at the Kaplan center here in NY on 7/19.  I'm kind of excited to go... but I get excited about going to any information session.  I'm interested in Ross for a couple reasons.  My two new friends 

(Remember back to when I started talking to the kids in the train station after our Yale SOM visit - Here's the link to that Blogpost: http://bit.ly/YaleSOMVisit

In any event... they're both going to Ross and they keep telling me that I would love it and that I should visit.  I did some research into the curriculum and what not and the main takeaway is that my favorite color is Blue, so I can see myself there for two years.  Of course you guys will get an update on how it goes...  
That's all she wrote tonight!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by