Monday, July 26, 2010

Cheerleading = My Life! 5 Videos Posted...

Hello All... So I wanted to give you a look into what my life consisted of for 5 years.  My friends know this about me but not many other people do.  I used to be a cheerleader!  So let me back up a bit.  Throughout my whole life I did gymnastics.  Gymnastics is one of those sports you do to go to the Olympics otherwise there's no point.  Some of the men on the US mens gymnastics team this past Olympics I used to compete against!  How cool?

So anyway I stopped gymnastics when I was in my Senior year of HS.  Then In my Junior year of college I joined the Rutgers University Cheerleading team.  If you don't believe me... here's proof!




After I graduated from college I began coaching All Star cheerleading at World Cup All Stars in Freehold New Jersey.  Now anyone in the All Star cheerleading world, KNOWS of World Cup.  We were/are amazing.  I was primarily a tumbling coach.  I coached from 2004 to 2007.  Here are a couple videos I made while at the gym of myself...

ME TUMBLING ON TUMBLE TRAK

ME TUMBLING ON THE ROD FLOOR

I wanted to share this part of my life with everyone since I already pour my heart out on here.  In 2007 we had three team qualify for the Cheerleading World Championships.  YES THERE IS A WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP for cheerleading.  Like I said we took three teams:

World Cup Shooting Stars - Senior All Girl Level 5
World Cup Starlites - Junior All Girl Level 5
World Cup Odyssey - Senior Coed Level 5

Competition was fierce but... in the end Shooting Stars and Starlites won!!!!!!  Don't believe me?  Here's my World Champion ring... yes as a coach we get them too!



 So where is this going you wonder?  Well thanks to YouTube, I wanted to share the performances of our winning performances!  You can see me jumping up and down in some of these videos too haha...  things can get quite crazy!

SHOOTING STARS

STARLITES

ODYSSEY

Thought people might enjoy this!  I still go back to the gym and visit... and I judge cheerleading competitions here and there.  It was definitely like a family at that gym.  Some of my best friends still work there and I'm always welcome back with open arms.

So that's just a little bit more background on me... hope you enjoy!  Oh and yes I can still do some flips!  They usually come out when I'm drunk!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by