Monday, July 12, 2010

My Motivation for Business School!

Hi All.... so I can't sleep right now.  The reason is because after the World Cup match today, I fell asleep for 4 hours!  So here it is 3:18am and I have to be at work at 9 and I'm wide awake.

So as the Title Goes... I found an article that I posted on my LinkedIn profile that sums up the exact reason I want to get an MBA - http://bit.ly/UnileverDigital - think about it... if budgets are doubling at companies like this... who is going to manage those budgets and expectations?  Need someone right, that's where I come in --- Hopefully!

So what does one do when they have free time on their hands like this?  STUDY AND RESEARCH B-SCHOOL stuff... I actually haven't begun studying yet, but I will after I write this post.  I did follow up on some emails though...

1. I responded to my Veritas B-school consultant.  I had some questions about my potential recommenders... the good thing about my consultant is that she doesn't let me get ahead of myself and lose sight of the fact that I need to score well on the GMAT!

2.  I have been texting all weekend with Brandon aka. Osirus (from Beat The GMAT).  He was at the MLT event in I think Minneapolis.  He got some great feedback regarding his candidacy.  He's so lucky that he got a 730 this time around.  He's keeping me going with words of encouragement.  I don't know if he's still thinking about Michigan Ross, because he was right before he went to the event, but now he realizes that he can get into higher ranked schools!  I was looking forward to finally meeting him (because we would visit Ross together).

3.  I responded to a "friend" whom I met during my Tuck visit.  Remember the girl who lives in Canada?  Yeah she's still waiting to hear back from Tuck re: the waitlist.  I can't imagine it being July and having not heard back from a school yet.  Like how do you wrap everything up in your life in a month or two.  I would like to at least KNOW if I'll be going to business school.  Hopefully she hears soon though... I mean the applications for this upcoming season will hopefully come out this week.

4.  I responded back to someone who emailed me regarding my blog.  I enjoy reading emails/comments from people and I ALWAYS respond...

5.  I emailed one of my friends (Yes one who I met @ Yale) who is going to Ross.  I'm actually supposed to have dinner with him on Tuesday.  He said he may have the Veritas prep pdf about Michigan Ross.  I think that would be good for me to read through before the event on the 19th.

6.  I emailed the other prospective I met at Yale.  I think he's traveling right now before he goes off to school.  It's nice that he's traveling now because the first event that Ross has for students is a trip abroad. I forget which trip he said he was going on, but when I find out I'll let you know.  Thailand maybe?  I could be making that up too!  Hahaha...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by