Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Video and Audio Essay: Best Practices

I love having my blog because as a result people send me great resources.  


Today Sarah from Accepted.com sent me, what I'm going to call a WhitePaper, on the best practices for creating Audio and Video essays.  I took a look at it earlier today, after I downloaded it, and it's very useful!!!  So for anyone out there in the same boat as me take a look at this...


Audio - Video Essay Best Practices from Accepted.com.


As I was reading through it, I was making a checklist in my head to make sure I did everything as prescribed.  Most of it I had done but there were some things that just simply did not apply.  It's also tough because my essay can only be 90 seconds long.  Some may think that 90 seconds is enough time, but it's not.  Try reading a 400 word essay OUTLOUD while enunciating in 90 seconds.  Pretty tough if not impossible to do.


You all know that I tend to ramble.  Getting everything to fit in those 90 seconds has been tough.  I've gone through a whole legal pad with script edits.  I've gotten to the point now where I don't need my script and can simply speak what it is I want to say.  This makes for a better video.  I wish I could show it to you guys, but I'll refrain from putting too much of my business out there.  


I do like it thought - if I may say so myself.  It's been a blast learning to use all of these default movie editing programs on my Mac that I've had for two years!  I remember getting it and said to myself "why are Garageband and iMovie default programs on this thing!  I need Excel!"


So yeah on that note...  I must be going to sleep now.  I'm sick so I'm trying to get tons of rest!


Adios Amigos

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by