Wednesday, November 3, 2010

We are all Project Managers

Meanwhile... back at the ranch, I've noticed something different in the air!  People are getting neurotic - Myself included!  Early Action deadlines have passed.... Round 1 Deadlines are essentially now! and Round 2 Deadlines are around the corner.  I'm noticing that everything is running around very frantically.

So I wanted to write this post with this title because I think it's true.  In order to get out proper applications. Here is the Wiki definition of a Project Manager: Project managers can have the responsibility of the planning, execution, and closing of any projectThe project(s) in this case being getting out applications!  Of course I have been thinking about this a lot lately because now I'm going to have to study for the GMAT while writing essays, while getting recommendations straightened out.

I'm already dreading the next 8 weeks, but come January 5th I will be at ease!  I'm making sure that none of my hours awake are wasted, so much so that I write essays on the bus during my commute.  October was a pretty hectic month for me because I was traveling, and Nov/Dec won't be that bad.  I want to get my essays done by the middle of November so I can send them off to be reviewed.  I want to get these reviewed asap so I can move on to the next step with them.

I've re-touched base with my recommenders and I'm good to go on that front.  I just need to have a meeting with them first to debrief them and tell them "Why b-school... blah blah blah etc etc and all that jazz."  Oh and then let's not forget it's HOLIDAY and I work for a RETAILER, so that should be fun!  I'm telling them that the deadlines are December 31st, because I know they're going to be late and may not get them in by Jan 5.  How great would it be to have all of my applications done by December 31st and to be able to start the new year not thinking about anything except for filing taxes?

But yeah... to everything out there - make sure you give yourselves enough time to write essays and get recommendations written!  It's crunch time guys!!!  LET'S DO THIS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by