Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Duke Fuqua Diversity Conference = Waitlisted

On the eve of the beginning to Johnson Means Business for Cornell’s diversity conference, I’ve just received an email from Duke that I’ve been waitlisted to their diversity conference.  Now this one is not surprising to me because I submitted the application at the very last minute because I was debating on whether or not to go ahead and try to attend, but then I figured “What the hey?!”
So yeah, no surprise or disappointment there for me.  That’s the same weekend that I will be out visiting the Ross School of Business at Michigan University, for their LGBT preview day, so yeah I wouldn’t be able to attend the Duke conference anyway.  I’m going to send an email to them letting them know that I cannot attend.  It’s tough / interesting figuring out how to prioritize/navigate all of these events and conferences albiet fun.  No different from how it will be in business school when one needs to prioritize EVERYTHING!
Right now I’m on the bus up to Cornell and it’s 9:30, we should be there in about an hour and a half.  Tomorrow we have a full day of class visits... introductions..dinner.... free drinks (or lordy) and I’m not sure if anyone is going to be going out on the town, but it is Thursday, so maybe I can tag along with some folks.
You can definitely tell who on the bus is applying to business school because we’re all awake and working on our essays right now.  I know you may be saying “Um Richard... you’re typing your blogpost right now how can you be writing essays?”  Well I was actually editing my Consortium essay for Dartmouth.  I needed to do a brain dump of the newly acquired information before I forgot it all.  Now I’m going to write some thank you letters to random folks in various places of the world that I’ve been holding off on for a while because of... well the GMAT.
I’m forcing myself to stay awake because I didn’t sleep well last night and if I go to sleep now I’m going ot keep my JMB host up all night and I’m pretty sure he has class tomorrow.  I’ll be attending a Statistics class and a Strategy class, so I need to be bright eyed and bushy tailed!  I’m surprised I have been able to stay up this long, but coffee and soda will do that to you.  I also think I’m keeping some people slightly awake because I have my two individual lights on, but oh well.. “woe is them!”
I’m not sure when I’ll get to post this because the internet on the bus is sporadic, but whenever it goes live...  enjoy boys!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by