Friday, October 22, 2010

GMAT Test Practice + Life + Conferences = Hectic(ocity)

It's been a while since I've given an update but I'm going to keep this short because I need to get back to studying...

How have I been fairing on my studies?  Well I just finished a set of 32 RC questions.  I got 5 incorrect, but... 4 of the incorrect answers were on the first passage.  I blame the 2 hours of Jersey Shore that I watched before beginning to study.  After those four I only got 1 wrong out of the next 33 that I did.  That's amazing for me and works very nicely with my 17/17 CR the other night.  I just need to keep this up.  My main focus is going to be to make sure I remember the basics in Quant.  My floor needs to be higher and the only way it will be higher is if I remind myself to not make stupid mistakes and to check my work and not spend too much time on any one question.

I've been doing Quant and Verbal every single night!  My scores have not been terrible and my practice exams have been after a 9 hour work day.  I only have internet at home sporadically because I'm stealing it from neighbors.  That's a story for another day!  Here's my upcoming schedule though...

Saturday - Wake up... study Quant, Quant, Quant.  Pick up my dry cleaning.  Then go to work, not to do work, but to take my 2nd GMAT prep practice test.  Come home and then alternate RC / Quant, break, then CR / Quant, break and MAYBE go to my friends housewarming party in Hoboken for a couple hours.  I will NOT be drinking...ok if I do go... ONE beer will not hurt, and I will be coming home early because I have an early day on Sunday.

Sunday - Wake up... go to La Guardia airport to pick up my rental car.  Then at 4pm I'm going to my tutor.

Monday - Drive up to Dartmouth!!!!  I'll probably get up there around 11pm.  I hope I don't get lost on the way up there!  Then check into the hotel.

Tuesday - Dartmouth self-initiated interview/ class visit/ campus tour.  My interview is at 2:15 and I sent them my resume today.  I've been asking friends who have already had their interviews, what it's like and they said that it's very laid back.  Then after my interview, hopefully I'll get to meet up with some of the Tuckies I'm friends with and maybe take them out to an early dinner or coffee for helping me.  Then I drive back home and drop off the car back at La Guardia and come home and pack.  Pack for what you ask?

Wednesday - 6:30pm, I have to be at the Cornell Club in Midtown Manhattan, to hop on the Cornell bus.  I'm going up to Johnson Means Business a day early!  The event starts early in the morning on Thursday, so it's better to get there the night before.  I'll be hosted with a current student, who ironically I met when I was out in California for the Reaching Out Conference.  Funny how things work out huh?  ;-).  He also told me that there's a Halloween party that weekend and that I'm more than welcome to attend.  I'm not even thinking about what I would want to be, but if I decide to be anything, I'll get the costume on Wednesday.

Thursday - Johnson Means Business

Friday - Johnson means Business

Saturday - Johnson Means Business, and then I'm taking the greyhound bus to NYC at 5:30.  So I'll get home around 11pm and probably just pass out.  NYC is going to be pandemonium on Halloween, so I'd rather not be involved.

Sunday - Start packing up my room... I'm moving back to New Jersey.  I haven't reserved the truck or anything yet, but I have to be out of my apartment by November 2nd.  I'm sad to be leaving NYC, but it will be good to pay off credit cards, and save money for business school, since I won't have a steady income for two years!

So yeah... that's the update... hope you enjoyed it... I'm going back to studying!!!  Later Peeps!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by