Tuesday, October 12, 2010

GMAT Sentence Correction & more

Hello everyone... very quickly because I have to go to sleep.

Today, I took the crosstown bus to work and I was doing Sentence Correction on the bus.  Yes!  Believe it!  I was THAT guy doing GMAT work on public transportation.  Oh well, I don't care...X years post business school I'll be doing work in the back of my Maybach!  ;-)  Work was very hectic today.  I'm still playing catch up after being out last friday, so I'm going in tomorrow around 7:30 so I can try to get caught up and then get ahead before heading off to LA for the weekend for the Reaching Out conference.  Although tomorrow I do have a 6 hour training session on some business objects thing-a-ma-jig so that should be "fun".

After work, I hopped on the subway and headed down towards WTC to go to the Goldman Sachs building where UC Berkeley Haas was having their information session.  I got there just as the presentation was beginning.  I was VERY impressed with the presentation and when the list of recruiters came on the screen I nearly threw up - mainly because I saw Google and Apple... well mainly Apple.  I think Google needs to work on their marketing a bit.  Hhmm.. maybe that's why I should work there... to help them work on that.  Anyway I digress....

I left the info session a bit early because the representative was talking about scoring in range on the gmat.  The range is 680-760 and I thought to myself "well.. sitting here will not help me score in range so let me go home and study..."  So I hopped back on the subway... did 10 more sentence correction problems and came home.  Once home I did 20 more sentence corrections.

I've been out of the sentence correction game for a while now.  Just getting back into it recently.  I did all of the SC's in the purple OG review guide.  Out of the 113 problems I got 27 incorrect.  I was surprised I still knew a lot of information.  I did see a trend in what I was missing so now I know how to hone in on those topics.  Or rather... have my tutor drill the concepts into my head.

After studying... I started packing for the conference and then looked at the agenda.  I honestly think that this weekend will be the best weekend of my life!

In any event, it's time for me to go to sleep.  Tomorrow I have a tutoring session and I'm slightly scared at what he's going to throw at me.  Actually no... let me rescind that statement.  My TUTOR should be worried about what I'm going to throw at him!  I have a list of a lot of math problems that I do not fully understand quite yet.

Until next time... Battle-Baxter = OUT

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by