Friday, October 1, 2010

NYU Diversity Conference - ACCEPTED off Waitlist!

So today around 4pm my gmail updated itself and the following email w/ corresponding subject line came through:


I smiled and said "YES!!!" to myself again haha.  Then of course I immediately texted my friend who was also accepted!  The same one who I will be going up to Cornell with.  

The conference is NEXT WEEK!  But don't cry for me Argentina, I had already warned work that I would be taking those days off.  I told them last week that it was tentative, but to keep it on the schedule.  At least I don't have to worry about lodging and traveling costs lol.  I'll just use my metrocard and in the morning instead of going East on the subway I'll go South.  Just a hop skip and a jump.

Here is the schedule for the days events:

Thursday, October 7        
4:00-5:00 p.m.            Registration
5:00 p.m.                    Welcome and Icebreaker
6:30 p.m.                    Opening Dinner Featuring NYU Stern Dean Peter Henry
8:30 p.m.                    Stern Beer Blast (optional)



Friday, October 8        
9:30-10:15 a.m.          Check-In and Breakfast
10:30 a.m.                  Mock Class
12:00-7:00 p.m.         Association of Hispanic & Black Business (AHBBS) Students Conference
7:00 p.m.                   Happy Hour with AHBBS (optional)



Saturday, October 9        
9:30-10:00 a.m.         Check-In and Breakfast
10:00 a.m.                 Career Development and Student Activities Presentation
11:00 a.m.                 Your 60-Second Pitch Workshop
12:00 p.m.                 Mock Application Workshop
1:30-3:00 p.m.           Luncheon with Stern Alumni
8:00 p.m.                   A Night out with AHBBS (optional)



So I'm looking forward to it!  Reminds me that I must put my suit in the cleaners!  Ok I just wanted to give you guys an update.  


Here is my weekend in preview:


Friday night - Study then watch Freakanomics on iTunes.
Saturday - Take a full length MGMAT CAT Exam...  Go into work to do some stuff... Study....Continue writing essay.
Sunday - Study... Continue writing Essays



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by