Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cornell Johnson Means Business - ACCEPTED!

So if you couldn't tell from the post title - I was accepted to Cornell's diversity conference = Johnson Means Business!  I knew that today was the day that they would be sending out acceptances because tehy said it on their website.  So then today I was watching my GMAIL account like a hawk!

Then at 5:26 my email refreshed and this popped in my inbox!


You can't believe my excitement after being waitlisted by NYU and Dartmouth.  I was like god just give me one please.  My prayers worked.  I still haven't heard back from NYU yet and their conference is Next Thursday/Friday/Saturday.  Tuck's conference isn't until the 2nd week in November, so I have time for that one.

So upon reading the Cornell email I immediately texted my friend who is on a 3 business school tour right now.  I said "Omg Omg Check Your Email!"  I knew she was driving but she's able to get her email via her phone.  So her response back was "YES!!  ROADTRIP!"  Hahahaha...  So I'll most likely be going with her and maybe one or two others.  

What's cool about this is that Cornell will have students host you (most schools do that anyway), but they'll also reimburse us up to $200 for travel!  Now... How clutch is that since it's so close to R1 deadlines!  I mean I'm already struggling to find money.  Like really struggling, but that will be tomorrow's post.  So yeah Cornell makes it very easy... well.. easier!  So I think maybe someone is going to drive or maybe I can convince them to take the Cornell Campus to Campus Luxury Coach  that leaves right here from the Cornell Club in NYC.

This acceptance just rejuvenated me!  Actually all of today's events rejuvenated me!  I wish I could tell you all about the latter half of my day, but I can't.  You'll find out about that at a later date.  Don't even think about asking either!

I'm going to go do some more research on Cornell before calling it a night.  Because October is probably going to be the busiest month of my life, I must make sure that I rest AND EAT.  I say that I must eat, because my mom will read this post... and then email me and say 'You must eat too'.  Now she's reading that last sentence and smiling... and now she's laughing and thinking "You're crazy."  

In any event...


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by