Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuck Diversity Conference Update!

So today I was on gchat with a friend and we were talking about Johnson Means Business at Cornell and then all of a sudden my gmail updated with an email from someone at Tuck.

Headline:  TUCK DIVERSITY CONFERENCE WAITLIST...



Yeah my heart sank when I saw this and subsequently read the email.  It's a very similar email to the one I received last year when I applied!  What changed between this year and last year in terms of my candidacy?  Well a lot!  Last year I didn't even put my GPA or GMAT (hadn't taken it yet) in the application and I was waitlisted as well.

So then of course my conversation with my friend took a turn to speculating as to why I may have been waitlisted.  I don't believe it was my essay because I believe that was solid.  So with that being said I can't help but think that it has to do with my GPA/GMAT combination.  I didn't want to write that last sentence because I don't want to keep bring it up because it depresses me, but for full disclosure purposes for potential applicants, I think it's important for people to think about it.

Now I don't think any differently about any schools I am applying to that have put me on the waitlist for the diversity conference (NYU, still waiting on Cornell), but as an applicant I can't help but think "What else could I have done?"  For starters... yeah I could have scored higher on the GMAT than I did.  That's the only other piece of information that I can change right now going forward until my application is submitted.

So imagine the motivation THAT email was in terms of my thinking about the GMAT hahaha...My target score went up about 20 points!

I have my other reasons for thinking that the GMAT/GPA was not the reason I was put on the waitlist.  The other reasons I'm thinking of are actually more plausible, but I can't change those factors, so they're not worth discussing.

Then as I was speculating about the decision with my friend she said that her friend just told her that he was accepted to the conference.  I just thought - "LUCKY!" haha...

I do find it curious that I saw queries to my website about the Tuck Diversity Conference.  I didn't think we would hear back this soon, but then today I saw that people were typing in the following things:

"how many people are invited to tuck diversity conference"
tuck diversity conference"
is it tough to get invited to tuck diversity conference"





Up until today I never saw any queries about the diversity conference come through, so this alerted me that today may be the day.  It'll be interesting what happens when Class of 2013 acceptances come into play.  I'll have to let you guys know when R1 Decisions come out haha... (not applying R1 so I won't be nervous!)

In any event, I'm going to go do the following:
- finish my Verbal Set for the day
- watch glee
- quant set
- Update blog again
- sleep

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by