Monday, September 27, 2010

Took "Full" Practice CAT today - lmao



So I just finished taking a MGMAT Cat Exam.  The reason I put "full" in quotes is because I didn't do any RC.  I've seen those passages more times than I would like to admit, so for me to do them would be pointless.  Well maybe not totally pointless because yes I know it would help with stamina and what not, but I knew that I had other things to get to tonight.  But when I say that I literally pressed B for all 12 RC questions... that's exactly what I did!

So what was the outcome you ask?  Well I got a 43 which is not my highest, but I feel good about that 43 for one reason.

3 of the 37 were 500-600 level.  - 0 incorrect
8 of the 37 were 600-700 level. - 3 incorrect
26 of 37 questions were 700-800 level!  - 16 incorrect  :-(

A closure look at the ones I got incorrect tells me the following:
a.)  I need to not be so cocky about Geometry in thinking that I'm a Geometry master and that if I can't immediately see how to solve a geometry question that I can't figure it out.
b.)  need more practice with overlapping sets
c.)  combinations and probability are hopefully topics my tutor and I will go over shortly
d.) Exponents and Roots - not to be so cocky!
e.)  last but not least I need to keep listening to my tutor because he's helping.

Now we're getting to a point where the harder topics (the ones people say you don't need to study) are the topics getting in the way of me scoring 46/47/48.  I also didn't get as much sleep last night as I would have liked to have so I'm 100% sure that played a part in my lower quant score!

This is what I emailed my tutor after I saw my test score:

" need you to kick my butt on Thursday!  Also remind me on Thursday to ask you a question about homework...

November 1st!  I'm starting to feel it in my bones so knock me off my high horse and bring me back to "reality" well your reality...  I'd rather think I don't know how to solve anything and go into the exam over prepared than vice versa."

I don't even think he wanted me to take a full test yet, but I need to do so in order to see where I stood.  I wanted to make sure that my Sentence Correct skills didn't drop to a detrimental level.  I got 4 SC and 4 CR incorrect. and 10 of the RC question incorrect lol.  I guess B was correct for two of the 12 questions.  I was just surprised that I got so little SC incorrect.  Everything seems very promising, but I will NOT let this make my head blow up!  Need to stay humble because otherwise I'll be like "I GOT THIS" and then my Quant section will be full of Number Properties!

Sidenote - As I was writing this post my Tutor responded to my message with:

"will kick your butt on Thursday, don't worry  ;)"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by