Monday, September 27, 2010

In the Zone...with Everyone Else!



So yeah sure whatever I just made a post a couple of hours ago, but today is a new day technically speaking. As deadlines approach I've noticed that everyone around me in this Pre-MBA bubble has his or her head down and is barreling through the process.  It's interesting to take a step back and see where people are in the process... people I now consider friends!  I don't know what I would have done had I not started this blog.  I think ::crossing fingers:: that some of the people I've met this past year will be attending school with me next year.  You know who you are!

I just read through my google reader where I see everyone elses updates about their journey's and we're all either juggling GMAT prep and essays, or just essays, tracking down recommenders, visiting schools, reaching out to everyone we know at each school.

It's definitely nice to see that I am not the only one going through this.  Even though I will be neglecting my friends for another month and a half, at least I can seek refuge and solace in other peoples stories.  Just as you guys send me kind messages wishing me the best with my studies, I love seeing updates about progress that everyone is making.  It's like we're all in it together albeit competiting against one another, but there's a bond we share going through this process.

Just think guys... this is all a right of pasage!  Everyone who has gone to a top b-school has endured this process.  If they can do it... so can we!  It's funny because after I do a round of studying or take an exam, there are two people I usually call and one that I email.  I always call or text Brandon and I text my friend Jessica!  We all know the pain.  So if anyone is following my blog and is embarking upon this arduous journey, I say to you - FIND OTHER PEOPLE IN YOUR SITUATION!  They will keep you sane!  You'll have someone to vent to on a Friday night when you're in studying and your friends are out partying.  The conversation will go something like this:

Me - "this damn exam is going to be the bane of my existence!"
Other person - "OMG I KNOW... I just did ______ and _____ and scored a ___ but I'm not too worried because last night when I did _____ i realized that I just need to ______!"
Me - "Yeah... when I did _____  it was so easy!  But then I got to ______ and I had no idea what to do!"
Other person - "Did you hear about _____ they scored a _____ and they used ____ Tutor at $X/hour"
Me - "Wow that's great!  My tutor said ______... so it'll be interesting to see what happens to ______"
Other person - "Are you going to the ______ event on Saturday?"
Me - "Yeah I registered for it a while ago.. do you need the link?  I'll send it to you!"
Other person - "Yeah I do thanks!  I was too busy doing my essay for ______ and totally forgot about the ______ event this Saturday!"
Me - "Ok I'll talk to you tomorrow on gchat we both need to go study some more!"

I just can't wait until the week when admissions decisions begin to go out!  I'm going to reference this post when it does come.  That will be an exciting time and I have already envisioned how that will play out.  I just know there will be a lot of text messaging when people start getting phone calls!

Today I walked into my colleagues office.  She graduated from the McCombs School of Business.  I walked into her office and said "APPLYING TO BUSINESS SCHOOL IS A TOUGH PROCESS" and she just started laughing.  She agreed with me but said that it was the best two years of her life!  I can't wait until I can say that.  We talked for about 10 minutes and she walked me through the day she got the call from McCombs informing her of her acceptance.  She said she jumped up and down on her couch!  I can only imagine what that felt like.  It was another good motivator!

So this post is for everyone out there going through what I'm going through!  LET'S KEEP OUR BLINDERS ON... HEADS DOWN..... AND ROCK THIS _____  ;-)

My benadryl is kicking in right now so I am going to sleep!  Tomorrow I'll update my blog with a link to our Bloomingdales.com Friends and Family  Coupon for anyone who wants to go shopping!  ;-)

No Update Re: Tuck, Cornell, or NYU Diversity Conferences

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by