Sunday, September 12, 2010

Business School Diversity Conferences



I hope everyone had a great weekend!  Let me give you some quick updates:

1.)  My friends heard back from the NYU Diversity Conference, but unfortunately I did not.  My friend Jessica was accepted on Thursday around 6pm.  They said they would let everyone know by the 10th, but I still have not heard back from them.  Doesn't look like a good sign.  Guess I wasn't diverse enough.  We'll see though, I wasn't rejected at least.  So I'm still hopeful.  If I am rejected I have my suspicions as to why that would be the case.  More to come when I find out the answer....

2.)  After much hard work I THINK I have completed my essay for the Tuck Diversity conference.  I put a lot of time into this essay and my friends can attest to that statement.  I just want to get someone to look over my resume again, so I know that it's perfect to submit.  The Tuck Diversity Conference essay was to be 250 words.  The question was "Why do you want to learn more about Tuck and why do you feel you're a good fit?"  When I first wrote the essay, I was all over the place, but after speaking with a coworker I realized that I needed to revamp it.

I also looked at the essay that I submitted last year to the Tuck diversity conference and I will say, there's a huge difference!  Something incredible happens when you've had the interaction with the school and students vs. not having interaction.

3.)  This week I have to submit the Cornell Johnson Diversity conference essay.  This one is a tad bit more robust.  It's 400 words and the question is "In 400 words or less, please discuss the following: What career do you plan to pursue upon completing your MBA and why? How will the Johnson School help you achieve this goal?"  As standard as this question seems, I must admit that I have not put as much time and energy into Cornell as I have Dartmouth.  The interaction I've had with Cornell students has been positive, but this darn GMAT exam has me distracted so to speak.  No worries though, I'll be able to get this essay done this week.  


Here's the kicker though - I HAVE TO STUDY FOR THE GMAT!!!  ::sigh::  All these hiccups in the process.  I will not let them be detrimental though!


4.)  I changed my Tuck interview from 9/24 to 10/26.  I'll be taking off the whole last week of October.  Monday, I'll be on my way up to Dartmouth for my interview.  Tuesday is my interview.  Wednesday morning I'll be on my way home.  Thursday, if accepted to the Cornell Johnson diversity conference, I'll be up there Thursday - Saturday.  


It's a grueling process, but it's gotta be done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by