Monday, September 13, 2010

Diversity Conference Essay Updates


So after re-re-re-re-re-revamping my Tuck diversity conference essay I have finally hit the nail on the head!  What a sigh of relief!  No really... it's a huge sigh of relief.  I also sent my resume to my consultant for a quick glance.  She sent back some brief comments which I plan to fix tomorrow morning at work.  Then I will fill out the other information needed for the conference and finally hit SUBMIT!

I'm not thinking to myself, maybe I should have had her read my essay before submitting it to NYU.  Hhmm maybe THAT'S the reason I still have not heard back from them.  That's completely my oversight and mistake.  ::sigh::  someone dropped the ball.

Hopefully it won't come to bite me in the ass.  I'm still waiting on my acceptance or rejection email. 

Congratulations to my friend Jessica though!  She was accepted to the Kellogg preview weekend!  It's her top choice so I know she's hella (for you west coast folks) excited.  She almost gave me a heart attack when she said that she applied to the Tuck conference.  Hey at least it would have been a free ride up there!

After I finished the Tuck essay this evening I did some more Critical Reasoning but this time it was from the Official Guide.  It took some time to get used to the question types again, but it did seem a tad bit easier.  I got 6 incorrect out of 24, which is only OK.  I need to get that 6 down to a 3 consistently.  Tomorrow is Reading Comp and a set of 37 DS out of the Quant review guide.  One day at a time...

::sigh::  what else?  Oh right... I got the first draft of my Cornell essay completed tonight.  This essay was much easier than the Tuck essay in that it was more generic.  The Tuck Essay asked "Why do you want to learn more about Tuck and why are you a good fit?"  The Cornell essay is "What are your post-mba plans and why?  How will Cornell help you achieve them?"  The Cornell essay is to be 400 words, which for me is sooooooo much easier to write, because as you guys can see I like to ramble.  Now that isn't to say that I will ramble in my essay, but I won't have to cut off my ideas.

I think I realized why the Tuck essay was to only be 250 words.  250 words double spaced, with a header, is 1 page.  So it's more efficient!  At least that's what I'll tell myself the reason is.

After this Cornell essay I think that's all that I have in me to write.  Then it's back to strictly GMAT.  

I must be going to sleep now because I have to wake up early to go to a breakfast hosted by Yahoo.  Carol Bartz (Yahoo's CEO) is speaking tomorrow.  Should be interesting because she has no filter to say the least.  Hhmm what to wear what to wear?  Gotta find my suit too... 

My tutor is going to be upset with me if I don't get 49 hours of sleep this week!  Scheduling SLEEP is tough for me especially with wanting to get all of the homework done that he's assigned.  That's ok though... if I stop typing right now  :-)



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by