Monday, September 20, 2010

MBA Tour in NYC was a success by my standards!

So yesterday I attended the MBA Tour here in NYC at the Grand Hyatt.  I was planning on waking up early and going to all of the events, but I realized that I've heard the school pitches time and time again, and it's not necessary for me to put myself through that anymore.  So I texted my friend Jessica to see what time she would be there and she said later in the day, so we planned to arrive at the same time.

I was really on a mission.  I only wanted to speak to Randall from Cornell.  When I got into the conference hall I didn't see him so I was kinda bummed, so I went over with Jessica to the NYU table to get our badges scanned.  NYU always has a large crowd and I didn't need to ask any questions so I just stood there and listened to the responses that Jessica was getting from someone from admissions.  I wasn't going to try to throw in a question here or there because it would be fruitless.  I personally just don't want to hear the stock answers anymore.  I'll let other people as those questions.

Randall did show up at the Cornell table and I went over to speak with him.  I had a couple questions for him regarding Johnson Means Business.  I think I've mentioned this before, but if you have never met Randall from Cornell you're missing out on a fun conversation!  Unlike some other admissions directors with whom I've spoken with, he's very approachable!  Hopefully, I'll get the chance to visit Cornell the end of next month.  I already took the days off of work!  It would be a good ego booster after the NYU Diversity waitlist!

After visiting the Cornell table I was walking around looking for Michigan, but soon realized that it was Michigan State that was in attendance and not University of Michigan.  So that was a bust... Then I got trapped at the Rutgers table.  Yeah I know what you're saying "Where did Rutgers come from?"  Well.. it IS my alma mater, so I wanted to see what they had going on.  All I will say about that is that the campus is in Newark.  'nuff said!

So basically I got up... showered... put on a suit, shirt, and tie... to go have a 10 minute conversation with Randall...lol..  ::sigh::  the things I do!  It will pay off though!

Enjoy the rest of your days!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by