Thursday, September 2, 2010

Quant Performance Update


This will be one of two posts tonight because I have to speak about the Tuck Reception but that deserves it's own separate post.

So I'm finally starting to feel confident with quant again.  What I've been doing lately are the worksheets prescribed to my by my tutor and sets of 37 questions from the OG and Quant review guides every other night.  In the OG I'm up in the 100's and I see myself putting question marks next to TYPES of questions I don't know how to set up initially or that I take too long to figure out.  This way when I'm checking my answers I don't get too discouraged if I get those wrong, because I know it's only a matter of time before my tutor and I review those topics.  I've noticed that after I do a couple worksheets and have a session with him... I immediately feel comfortable with the types of questions.

Unfortunately he's saving the "best" for last - number properties for last.  I'm more comfortable with seeing a problem and instead of trying to figure it out, I tell myself oh this is a number properties question - granted I don't know how to solve it, but recognizing it is the first step...for me at least.

I was even going through some of my Kaplan 800 book and could solve SOME of the questions with ease whereas 5 months ago it would take me 4/5 minutes.  There was a geometry problem that I want to tackle though.  There's probably a simple concept behind it but I just wasn't seeing it last night.  

Wish me luck tomorrow with Verbal!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by