Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Frustrating GMAT Prep Night/Day

I write today after having just completed a Quant section of the Veritas exam.  I'm embarassed about my score after that 45Q.  Also, because in practice exams back in March... I've seen this Quant score before.  Really wonder if this is for me.  I know I should keep at it blah blah blah, but at this point it's just becoming embarrassing.

The only thing I was excited about was that the things I got wrong during this practice exam were topics I haven't covered yet with my tutor.  One would see/hear that and say - "Well it looks like you're on the right track!"  and what I say to that is... "I don't care I want to see an improvement every time I take an exam."

The last topic we went over was number properties.  I'm starting to get the very very very basics, but if something new is thrown at me, I don't know how to think around it.  We'll definitely need to spend at least two more sessions going over that.  When I look ahead to all of the topics that we need to go over still I just hear the cash register sound going off in my head.  Cha-Ching Cha-Ching because I know I have many more weeks before I'm completely ready.  Then on top of that there's one thing to be ready and there's another thing to feel confident, which I believe comes afterwards.  Well I do have a deadline in my head and a potential exam date so that's what I'm aiming towards.

On the topic of CR... well.. I'll be honest.  I emailed him earlier today if we should stop working on CR and focus on other things.  That way I can focus on it by myself with GMAT material instead of LSAT material.  I think the LSAT language is getting in the way.  But then.. when I think of that statement I say to myself "Well if other people swear by LSAT material...it should be helping right?"

Maybe I need to just do a CR set from the OG Guide again to see where I stand (Just emailed him to ask him that question.)  I've realized that I'm a very needy "tutee."  I email him constantly.  Ratio of my emails to his responses is.. well today... 4:0, but that's because I email all day everyday.  To me it's simply an ongoing conversation, so if I think of something before he responds I just re-forward my last email and add in my new comments.  But when he respond it's to all of them usually late at night since he does have a life! As I typed this sentence he emailed me back! I kid you not....  No screenshots this time, just take my word for it.

In any event we have just added the Veritas Number Properties guide to my homework sheet and I get to do a CR set from the Official Guide.  Let's see how this goes!  ::sigh::  you should hear me cursing at this exam!

Well part of my homework is to get proper amounts of sleep.  So... since it's almost 12pm that means I need to start getting ready for bed.

I am the weakest link... goodbye!


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by