Monday, February 14, 2011

All Packed for Cornell Interview


So as you can see I am all packed for my interview at Cornell!  I'm just joking that is NOT my luggage.  If I could afford that much Louis Vuitton luggage I probably wouldn't need to go to business school.  There's about $15,000 of luggage right there.

In any event, I did just pack all of my clothes.  I have my suit, suit, socks, belt, shirts... etc etc blah blah.  I want to thank everyone for sending me their best wishes.  It's nice to know I have all of that support.  This is the final stretch right?  Interview(s) and then hope that the schools understand the applications I submitted to them.  If they "get it" then I think I will have a happy spring.  If not, then my blog will become one of many stories of a re-applicant.  But positive thoughts...positive thoughts.  

Tomorrow (today) I am going to work for about three hours.  I have some things that I need to take care of.  If I had a bit more notice I would have been able to take this time off without it feeling too rushed, but such is life right?  The bus leaves tomorrow from the Cornell Club in Mid-town Manhattan at 12:30 so I'll probably leave work right at 12.  I'll probably get there at 12:15 since it's only 1 stop on the 6 train from where I work, but it's better to be early than late.  

When I arrive at Statler (the Hotel on campus which is across from Sage Hall (business school)) I'll call up my host and get a ride to his apartment and then do whatever and prepare for my interview.  I'm very excited for it!  I like interviews..they make me smile lol.  Actually let me rephrase that...I like interviews where the interviewer is not trying to stump you.  I've heard of some schools interviews and yeah that's not for me - and probably also the reason I'm not going into consulting.  I've done a case based interview before for a start-up and well....I do not work at a start-up so you can imagine how that went.

My interview is Wednesday @ 10:15am and then my bus leaves for NYC at 11:40.  From what I hear the interview will be about 35 minutes so that'll give me enough time to change before taking the 4.5 hour trip back.

From what my friends tell me there is a happy hour going down with a lot of MLT folks on Wednesday @ I think 6 or 7.  Now while I am not in MLT, I know many of MLTers just from attending events with them, so maybe if I feel up to it I'll make the happy hour.  I know a lot of them have been receiving good news lately.  I hope that one day in the near future I'll be able to add to it!

and on that note I'm going to do some more research!  ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by