Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Waiting Game Amplified

I'm sitting on my bed waiting for Jersey Shore to come on and figured I would write another blog post.

Coming down from my high of my interview yesterday I realize that I have now entered a new phase of the waiting game and it's worse to an extent.  I'm not sure how that's possible but it definitely is.  So when I made my previous post about the waiting game it was "bad" because I was hearing about other people being accepted and dinged from schools.  Hearing about my friends getting into schools and being dinged from schools was nerve wracking and I would think about how in a few short weeks I would be in the same boat.

NOW it's my turn!  The next round of acceptances and rejections that will occur in the coming weeks will determine my fate and it's an odd feeling.  I'm glad that I had what I thought was a good interview at Cornell yesterday, but all that means is that I've crossed one more bridge.  There are two schools that I applied too who have mandatory interviews in addition to the Consortium interview.  I didn't hear from one of them on the day that I should have heard so I've lost hope for that.  I also haven't received an interview invite for the other school either.  I'm not even sure if they're still sending out invites.  But enough about those schools... I don't want to dwell on potential negatives.

Knowing that I'm one step closer is heart wrenching.  There's absolutely nothing that I can do now besides wait and THIS is the worst part.  My feeling is also compounded by some personal issues but it's tough.

Last night after my interview I went to work and worked on a couple of things until 6.  I hadn't planned on going in but I figured it would make my day easier today.  Then after work I met some friends for drinks.  My friends are all in MLT and had applied this past year.  It was great to see where everyone was in the process and who had received interview invites and acceptances to where.  We are all "doing the damn thing" so to speak.  I would really love to go to scool with these people and it's funny when you can speak about certain schools to different people and you echo the same sentiments about the school.  I realized that through massive amounts of research one can really get a sense for the school community and I think that's the difference between those people whose stats are impeccable and yet they may be rejected.

I've said it once and I'll say it again.  Whether I am accepted to a school or not I firmly believe that all interaction one may have with a school gives he/she a little more insight that he/she can then use as ammunition to get into said school.

Anyway I digress... I'm supposed to be talking about waiting post interview.  But yeah... it's rough!  You don't know what the school is looking for once they've interviewed you especially if they do mandatory interviews.  I've always told my friends that once you get an interview it's about you yourself personally. They've evaluated the rest of your application so now it's just whether or not you fit with the class profile that they're trying to put together.

I think the main reason I'm so nervous now is because I know that I left everything on the table.  It's funny because I was talking to one of my friends about that last night.  He said "I know that I did everything in my power to get into b-school!"  I'm glad that I have surrounded myself with a bunch of people who are like me in that they put their heart and soul into this process.  It's nice to see that it's finally paying off for them and hopefully in the near future we can all be celebrating as new admits and future classmates!
FINGERS CROSSED!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by