Thursday, February 24, 2011

Yale SOM Decisions Today

I'm still on my high from my Cornell acceptance (Johnson School - they're rebranding so I need to start calling it that) and now I have to go through Friday (today) knowing that Yale's decisions are coming out.  From what someone told me calls were being made yesterday, but I think the bulk of them are going to be made today.  Then at 5pm or so they'll probably send out the emails saying "Hey your account is updated!"  and that will be for the rejections.

I have a pretty busy day at work tomorrow so I'll be preoccupied.  Plus I'm not as anxious now for obvious reasons!  :-)  I am eerily calm right now...although I guess not so eery.  I'm looking forward to logging into my Cornell account and seeing the official information.  Then I'm going to register for the Admitted students weekend, which is called Destination Johnson.  I'm so happy to just be able to say that last sentence!  AAAAHHHHH Still trying to get over the shock!

What have I been doing since then?  Well I've spent countless hours on the website looking for information about my potential business school that I haven't come across before lol.  It's a tough feat but I've found out some interesting things!!

I had a coworker come up to me today and ask "Oh so.. have you heard anything yet?"  I'm like "YEAH I GOT INTO CORNELL!"  She's like "OMG... CONGRATULATIONS..." and gave me a hug... She knows the feeling because she graduated from McCombs so we were exchanging acceptance stories.  Another good thing about being accepted is that I no longer have to say "Well it depends on if I get into Business School." I can now unpause my life and begin replenishing my savings!  Definitely going to need that since it was depleted last year.  Like DEPLETED!

So just a quick update on other schools I'm waiting for:
Yale - like I said I'll find out today
NYU - still have not received an interview invite.  I know they interview all applicants so keep hope alive!
Haas - I haven't gotten an interview... or even an account login.  Dunno what that's about.  Granted I didn't get an account login for Cornell either and look what happened.  I'm not sure if Haas has a mandatory 2nd interview for Consortium applicants or what.  I'm going to sit tight!  Haven't been rejected so that's a plus.
Michigan - never received an interview invite and they also interview all applicants.  I could still be waitlisted.
Tuck - A little birdie told me that we should hear by next friday!  But I haven't heard that confirmed anywhere so I'm going to say that we'll hear the 3rd week of March.

I think for Consortium applicants a lot of decisions are being released Friday (today).  GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!  Can't wait to hear the good news!  For those of you who haven't applied through the Consortium I believe the reason a lot of schools are releasing their decisions tomorrow is because on Tuesday they will all decide fellowships.  If you don't know what the Consortium is... read this post about the Consortium.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by