Thursday, February 10, 2011

...it depends on Business School


At this point in time I don't want to complain about "The Waiting Game" per se because I understand that I have to wait.  I'm not anxious about decisions YET.  I'm more concerned with the fact that my life is on pause right now.

In the new year everyone begins to plan for the Spring and Summer whether it be long vacations or short trips.  All of the birthday invites and wedding invites come out etc etc.  This is even the time when people start looking for new jobs and furthering their careers....but nope.. not for a business school applicant.  Every sentence ends with "...well it depends on if I get into business school."

For me this is very frustrating because I am someone who constantly looks for what my next move will be in life!  At this juncture I cannot do such things.  I have to focus on my Cornell interview next week.  Not to say that I don't want to think about it because obviously I do!  But I mean when I think to my life in May right now it's a black box.  I could either preparing to go to business school or something else.  It's just frustrating for me not knowing what path I'm going to be taking in a couple months.  I will find out next month though.

I'm not even anxious about finding out decisions any more.  I'm not being cocky and saying "oh im going to get in everywhere" because we already know that that is not the case.  But there's no need for me to be nervous or anxious.  The chips will fall in the right manner that's supposed to be right for me and that's that.  I'm at peace with that now.

I'm fortunate enough to have a Director who has her MBA degree from Kellogg so we were talking today about where I was in the process and what not.  I was telling her about how it's tough to just have one's life on Pause.  She said that after she submitted her applications she got a second job just to kill time.  I do not have a second job, but I am heavily involved in the BeatTheGMAT community and am working on a couple of projects right now.  So I guess my activity to "get my mind off this process" is heavily indebted to this process lol.  Counterintuitive don't you think?  Oh well... the projects are great ones...so don't judge.

Sorry I was in the middle of this post and then had a 2 hour long phone call with an old friend.  I don't remember what I was really talking about so that's that....

So on that note - I'm going to watch Hulu!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by