Sunday, February 6, 2011

No Michigan Interview Thus Far :-(

Let's take this hour by hour:

Friday between 9-6 - the real first wave of Michigan Ross R2 interview invites went out.  Initially I wasn't aware that the invites were going out on Friday, so I was just going about my day like a normal person.  Then my friend sent me a copy of Jonathan Fuller's tweet saying that interview invites would be going out Friday and Monday.  So naturally my heart jumped into my throat and I thought... "ok keep hope alive and your fingers crossed... maybe you'll get one today."  Must have refreshed me email 25 times at first and then calmed down.  Then my friend sent me a message saying "I GOT AN INVITE" so of course my heart sank yet again and then the doubt started setting in.  I tried to keep hope alive throughout the day but then my friend told me that Ross interviews everyone that gets accepted even if the person applied through the Consortium.  So what I think that means is that if I don't get an interview invite on Monday, then I know my fate when it comes to Michigan.

Friday between 6-8:30pm - I had drinks with my tutor and a bunch of his other ex and current students on the upper east side.  This was a fun time and I met some very interesting folks who were in the same boat as me.  Some had applied already and were just waiting for decisions to come out, while others had not.  It was interesting to see the light in people's eyes as they were about to embark on the process.  Boy I remember those days.  Now I'm just Bitter Bethanny and am over the whole thing lol.

It was interesting to see the types of applicants that there were.  Two of the folks I met were surprised when they received their interview invites on Friday.  One got an invite from HBS the other got one from Tuck.  It's not like they were surprised that they were invited to interview but they were not watching their emails like hawks and just happened to check their email and see an invite.  I wish I could be that nonchalant about the whole thing myself!  But nooooo I have to be a Crazy Cathy and obsess over everything.  ::shaking my head::

Then I was talking to a guy who got the HBS invite and he was telling me about his "low" gmat score and I'm like... Dude I bet you I have a lower one than you do.  He insisted that he had a lower one.. so I said ok let's make a bet!  Whoever has the highest has the buy the other one a drink.  In my head I was thinking "there's no way he has a lower one than me and got an interview at HBS."  So we asked our tutor who had the lowest one and low and behold mine was lower.  So at the very least I got a free drink out of my GMAT score!

Friday between 8:45 - 10pm - I went across the street to meet my friend who was at Turtle Bay celebrating her Ross interview invite while I sulked over not getting one lol.  It served a dual purpose.  We danced a bit... drank some beers.. she knocked mine out of my hand... and I gave her the side eyes... but it was all good.

Friday between 10:45 - 3am - I was down on the East Village at some bar that I don't remember the name of.  I was hanging out with some of my best friends and also my friend who I met at the HBS LGBT open house last April.  He hasn't been having as much this season with NYU or Tuck.  Now he's just waiting on HBS and Yale.  I wanted to hang out with him cuz A.) he's hilarious and B.) we need to drink because this process leads one to drink heavily in either celebration or frustration.  Then he and I went to a diner by his house and I had french onion soup!

 - Let me vent here for a quick second.  So one time I was at another diner and was drunk and ordered French onion soup to then have them put CROUTONS in it!  Croutons?  Who wants croutons in their French Onion soup?  I want soggy bread.... I was so upset...  So cut to Saturday night when I asked for French Onion soup.. then remembered my dilemma the last time so I asked "wait.. does it have croutons or bread?"  he said "croutons... do you want bread?"  I said "i definitely want bread"... In My Opinion bread should be the default choice.  In any event.. I got it with bread and it was phenomenal. -


Saturday - I got home around 4pm and then just lounged around in my bed and worked on some projects for Beat The GMAT.  


Sunday - Worked on BTG projects and am about to start getting ready to go to the City to watch the SuperBowl.


But congrats to all those who got interviews and acceptances this past Friday.  I'm hoping to be in your position very shortly!   ::Fingers Crossed::

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by