Saturday, February 26, 2011

Post Acceptance Action

I just got back from Midnight bingo where my friend won $200 and now I'm wide awake so I've decided to write a blog post and update my metatag information.

I've been very busy these last couple of days!  It's weird because people always reach out to me and ask for guidance and I either tell them my honest opinion or forward them on to other people who may be of more assistance.  I enjoy connecting people (one of the things I wrote about in my application) it's fun to me.  My blog has been a great vehicle to facilitate this action.

One thing I never had insight to was the Post Acceptance process...  what goes on behind the scenes is quite exciting (nerve-wracking for me in another sense but again... more to come on that next week).  There are a lot of emails going back and forth... a lot of facebooking people who were also accepted and who may become future classmates, and a lot of texting.  All of this is to just keep in contact with potential classmates as well as find out from your friends their decisions from other schools.  I've made a lot of new friends this way as we bond over Cornell (no other school to bond over yet).  One person in particular is my road dog and was also accepted to Johnson.  We talk all day about hypothetical situations in school.  She had my ROLLING with one comment hahah #We'reAMess!

The reason I've been busy is quite ironic.  After my acceptance I've had at least 7/8 people reach out to me inquiring about the Cornell interview.  I even had my tutor ask me if one of his other students could reach out to me and inquire about my interview and experience with Johnson thus far.  He and I will be having lunch tomorrow when I go into the city.  I'm looking forward to it because I think I can really offer some great advice.

I also had someone reach out to me via one of the blogs.  I couldn't answer his questions because they were tailored more towards current students.  So what did I do?  I contacted one of my contacts at Johnson and asked if her I could put the two of them in touch.  Of course she said yes, I don't think there's a student at Johnson who would be like "umm.. no don't be giving my information out!"  Johnson doesn't accept those types of students...at least not to my knowledge!

Hmmm what else has me busy?  Oh... I've been emailing back and forth with a couple of my friends at Johnson just asking basic random questions.   I asked about finding apartments....about ordering food at 1am... and about the whole laptop situation.  I have a Mac and I know that in B-school it's imperative that you need the Microsoft suite and I wasn't sure if it would suffice for me to simply get the add-on for my Mac or get a new laptop which I would be 100% opposed to doing because PC's suck.

HHmmm... where is that person who said that the quality of my blog posts had been declining back in December?  Wonder what the person thinks now... actually.. I'm not concerned at all.  Sorry that just popped into my head.

I just realized that my last two "bullet points" started with Hhmm.  How original.  Now I'm "talking" to myself and have used quotation marks too frequently just recently.  That's my cue to end this post.  I mean it is 4:30am.  I should probably be going to bed.  But first!  Let me track my package from Cornell.    I wonder if it got caught in the snow storm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by