Wednesday, March 2, 2011

GMATClub Forumitis

Someone on the message boards just posted this funny post and I thought I would republish it.  This is what our lives have come down to since we know that all of the schools know whether or not we've been admitted/rejected and whether or not we have the fellowship.

Good Evening Everyone

I am posting this comment to try to help my friend. You see, I have a friend who religiously checks this forum to the point that it is a disease. I have decided to call the disease "Forumitis" - it is when you check the forums and constantly hit refresh over and over and over again. To you help everyone recognize this disease, here are some of the symptoms:

- Making statements referring to refreshing the boards
- Making arguments and statements beginning with "looks like some ppl..." or "the boards said..."
- Loss of productivity at work
- General lack of hygiene
- Staying in on Friday and Saturday night to hang out with friends from the board
- Even hitting refresh while on the toilet
- Or flat out denying they have a problem

The best way to combat this is to recognize it early and sent them to therapist to get help. How do I know all this, it is because I suffered this in the ED phase. Now that R2 is coming up, I am starting to see other people suffer from this. So, please if you yourself is suffering from this or you know someone who is, please get them help. Please feel free to PM me if you need extra advice. Remember, its normal to check it a few times a day, but hitting refresh is not OK. I just hope this message reaches my friend before its to late.

Good Luck to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by