Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Dust Has Settled - Looking ahead

So now that I know pretty much where I'll be going to school this fall my outlook on things has changed a bit.  I can now - finally - think ahead to the coming months.  Last night I spoke to my friend on the phone for two hours.  He's the one who was accepted to Johnson recently who I met at Starbucks a couple weeks ago.  We talked about everything b-school under the sun.  I can just imagine how any liquid medicated conversations will go between us because we can really keep the conversation going haha.  We're so excited!  So let me just map out the next couple of months for you:

March - So I got my login to the Johnson Admitted Students Ning account.  It's pretty similar to Facebook but can be designated to specific groups.  It feels surreal to be a part of the group in all honesty.  I know that people who have been recently accepted this week are going to ask me when I received the login.  So I just received it two days ago even though I was accepted in the beginning of March.  From what I imagine, the admissions folks need to put everyone's names into the system and generate the invite to join the group so just hold tight, I'm sure you'll get it shortly.

In any event, the reason I mention next week is because a couple of my friends and I wanted to coordinate a Happy Hour here in NYC for the admitted students.  So I sent out messages and got the ball rolling.  So for those of you interested we will be meeting Thursday 3/31 @ The Ainsworth on W26th I believe.  I have to call on Monday to reserve a table, but at the very least there will definitely be enough room for everyone!  Can't wait to meet folks!

April - well what can I say about April?  It's only the most important month of my adult life for two reasons.  1.) It's the month I officially give my deposit to Johnson and can call myself a member of the Class of 2013 (and immediately add it to my Facebook profile)!  2.) Um... My birthday - hello!

Destination Johnson - The Admitted Students Weekend, is April 8-10 and I cannot wait for it!  I will be taking the Cornell Campus to Campus bus again!  I realize that I haven't even started school yet and I've spent $375 on commuting to and from Cornell. #IHopeBSchoolStudentsGetDiscountsOnThatBus  I won't go into detail about all that Destination Johnson (DJ) entails, but from what I gather it consists of a lot of information sessions and receptions.  All normal stuff.

I'm very excited to meet the people I've been emailing back and forth with who were also accepted.  I've spoken to people on the phone too and would love to put a face to the name.

May - I just have to really be diligent about saving my $$$.  Another deposit is due June 1st and then at the end of June I have to attend OP.

June - OP = Orientation Program for the Consortium.  Oh I don't know if I told you guys... I got Consortium membership, not to be confused with a Consortium Fellowship.  Membership means that I am a part of the network and have to attend the Orientation Program in June where I could potentially walk away with my internship for next year!

July - I think this is just another month of saving more money... I'm going to need a vacation in here somewhere haha.

August - SCHOOL STARTS!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by