Thursday, March 3, 2011

So... apparently last year today - the Friday after the Consortium fellowship meeting - is when Tuck made their acceptance calls for Consortium applicants.  So if the trend follows suit this is the day I've been waiting for for over a year.

I was fine all day today because I was preoccupied with calming my friends down who were supposed to hear from NYU.  Then I got that Berkeley email which was completely unexpected.  The outcome was not unexpected but how it happened was lol.  I got out of a meeting and was walking into another one.  In doing so I walked by my computer and decided to just move my mouse to see if I had any new emails.  I saw that I had an email from "Decision" and then saw Berkeley.  So I opened it and then read it and was liek "Wow!  Indiscrete much?"  Then I walked into my meeting and said "So I was just rejected by Berkeley."

Then I texted a couple of friends on my "Must Text About B-School List" because they're so interested in it... and they all said "Aw I'm Sorry... How are you?"  and I responded "Oh I'm perfectly fine!"  That's the thing about only applying to schools that you would love to go to.  Once you get into one of them... if you get rejected from any others it doesn't matter mentally!  #gladfortheresearch.  Which brings me to the topic of this post....TUCK.

So right now I'm drinking wine - started at 12:30 because the prospect of hearing hit me that late.  So I've had 2 glasses (just cut myself off or I'll keep going) I feel very good right now because I haven't eaten anything.   So if I start to not make sense and ramble then you know why!  #BearWithMe.  Anyway I'm talking to my very good friend who got into Cornell.  We're fantasizing about how we would move into school blasting J. Lo's new song "On the floor" and just start having a blast with our Johnson t-shirts on.

This is an odd time for me though... as you can probably tell by now, I fully commit myself to anything that I do or that I experience.  Right now I want to commit to a school because I'm 100% over having my life on pause.  I'm also glad to know that my sentiments are shared with my fellow applicants.  It's not even about "Oh where am I going?"  it's more about "... ugh can I send the deposit and start making plans to tell work or plan my exit?"  I have friends who received fellowships and know where they are definitely going to school.  Me on the other hand am still waiting to hear from other schools.  Like I said, tomorrow is rumored to be Tuck acceptances.

I've made connections with potential fellow Cornellians that I sometimes don't even like to say that I'm waiting for Tuck.  We've fantasized about how fun it would be to be classmates and all that jazz, that they would be happy for me if I were to get in to Tuck but you know ... this fantasy (only because it hasn't been realized yet) life is fun.  Plus we've bonded!  I can say that Johnson students are a rare breed and I'm glad that I can count myself among one of those accepted.  My friends who are definitely going are good people!

Should Tuck decisions go out tomorrow I will be ok with whatever the end result is.  I'm at peace with the fact that either way I will be going to a school that I love and have made life-long friends in the process of applying.  We will all see one another at the various MBA conferences and of course we have Facebook oh and cell phones.

If it was meant to be it will be!  I think I had some other things I wanted to bring up and discuss but I don't remember what they were lol  #ShowingTrueColors hahaha..  Have a good night everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by