Sunday, March 27, 2011

MBA Meet and Greet Week!


Wow that post title has a lot of e's in it!  It's not really a formal event (MBA Meet and Greet Week) but that's what it feels like to me.

On Saturday I went into the city and had lunch with my tutor and another admitted Johnson student whom my tutor also tutored.  We went to a place on the Upper East side well... could be midtown east depending on who you ask.  We met at 3 and didn't leave until 9!  Clearly we talked about everything under the sun.  Then I went out and got drunk with some old coworkers.

Tomorrow (Monday) I'm having dinner with two blog readers.  One is my online friend who got into Tuck.  We talk everyday on gchat but have never met in person yet.  I also got an email from another blog reader I think on Thursday who is waiting on a couple other acceptances, but already got into Georgetown.  The reader asked if I wanted to meet so we could just chat about whatever we wanted to chat about and network so I just said "hey why don't you come to dinner with me and my friend?"  (Note to self: email back with location and time) So tomorrow will be fun!

Tuesday - I have a call with another blog reader who emailed me last week.  He wants to get my perspective on this application process as an LGBT applicant, so I'm MORE than happy to speak with him.  There's definitely a way to go about navigating the process from that angle.  I think we're going to talk at 8:15.  I need to check my email again.

Wednesday - Around lunch time I'm going to have lunch with another Johnson admit.  I'm not sure if I told you about him but when I was on the bus going up to my interview he messaged me on Facebook introducing himself and wishing me luck and all that jazz.  He had already been accepted and I guess found out about me from my blog.  So yeah we spoke briefly on the phone today and he's going to be in the city Wednesday so why not meet up for lunch right?  He's going to be my classmate!  woo hoo!

Thursday - I think I mentioned this before, but on Thursday the 31st here in NYC I've organized a Johnson Admit Happy Hour at the Ainsworth at 6:30.  So far there are about 11 of us NYC admits who have confirmed.  As more and more students gain access to the Ning site I'm sure more NYC folks will pop up and I'll message them too.  I should also email folks in Jersey too because I'd be willing to guess that they work in the city.  If not... hey who knows maybe they'll come too!

Friday - I'll actually be in Baltimore for an all cheerleading competition.  or maybe it's in DC.  HHmmm I'm not sure actually I just get in the car and fall asleep and follow people haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by