Monday, August 2, 2010

Duke Fuqua Admit! Congrats Friend :-)

Hi... so this will be an update post.  

Let me first take you back to my post titled: What Sound Does a 680 Make? , which can be found here: http://bit.ly/680Sound  In this article I talked about how I had a couple friends who were getting dinged left and right.  Since then, and I'm sure I said this somewhere in a previous post, but one of them was accepted to Darden.  He decided to pass up Darden and work for another year because he got a sweet promotion.  

My other friend who applied to a bunch of schools and was rejected from all of them WAS in deed waitlisted at Duke Fuqua.  I didn't know he was waitlisted...or I forgot, but nevertheless, he sent me a text today saying that he got into Duke!  Now what immediately went through my head was, wow that's kinda late in the year I think.  I was BAFFLED, but what transpired next... just read the conversation below:


I would have at least thought that schools would give a little bit more notice than A DAY!  But I guess, they have numbers to hit.  

Now... update from MY end...  

I haven't worked on my essays too much.  I've been doing well with my GMAT studying.  I am working with a tutor now to just fill in the holes that I have.  I only plan on taking the GMAT one more time so I gotta hit a home run this time.  Again.. I'm so tired of talking about it.  I have a lot of homework from my tutor to do this week.  It's definitely a good thing though so I'm not complaining.  I just did the first 50 problems of a problem set he gave me and I only got 2 incorrect.  One was incorrect because I didn't understand if the problem was a2 (or 2a) or a squared.  But whatever 2 out of 50 ain't bad if I do say so myself.  Tomorrow I'll go through the next problem sets.

Is anyone reading this who will be attending the Kaplan: Destination Business School this weekend?  If so... did you get the email about how we're supposed to prepare for that this event?!?!  I was shocked!  

I'm going to call it quits for tonight, but I'll post the agenda and what our "Homework" was for the event this weekend.   Which reminds me... I need to take my suit to the cleaners tomorrow...  hhmmppfff!

Battle-Baxter = OUT!  (I kinda wish I signed off all of my posts like that...)  

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by