Sunday, August 15, 2010

I'm Going Off the Grid!

Good Afternoon everyone - as you know I don't usually post in the middle of the day, but there are some things I want to just put out there in the mba blogosphere.

First an update about me:  So as I told you all yesterday I went sailing!  It was an absolutely gorgeous day! We definitely lucked out with the weather.  I actually got to steer for about 20 minutes and the captain said "GLAD YOU'RE HERE... I DON'T HAVE TO DO ANYTHING... YOU DEFINITELY HAVE HAD EXPERIENCE BEFORE!"  -  My response to that was "must have been all that rowing I did as a boy scout!"  He just laughed.

Today I am going off the grid!  What do I mean by that?  Well last Saturday I lost my phone... (iphone4)... yeah I think it fell out of my pocket in a cab!!!  I've been through the mourning stage and I've come to terms with it.  My phone was my life, and I didn't know if I should buy a new phone and just get on with my life.  Then I thought about it and decided to hold off on buying a new one.  I did the cost/benefit analysis of buying a new phone and decided against it.  It would be better for me to use that money for my tutor so that I can get into business school!  So... I won't have a new phone until about November!  I do have a prepaid phone though for emergencies.

The upside to what I'm calling "Going off the grid" is that my friends cannot contact me and distract me with nonsense to go out and party.  I figure that if I get into b-school, there will be many parties in my future I can sacrifice 2 weeks of my life.  It'll definitely be MUCH cheaper too!

Today my schedule is as follows:

1.  Exponents Practice worksheet
2.  Conversion Drill worksheet
3.  Geometry worksheet
4.  Tuck Essays
5.  25 CR questions.
6.  Tuck Essays

I'll post tomorrow about how this schedule went.

The main reason I wanted to put up this post though was to add some links that I've found particularly helpful.  I've been "starring" these in my Google Reader for a long time now and feel that it's time to share the wealth!



Self Examination is a Varsity Sport


Why MBA Letters of Recommendation Matter

Ok I think there are enough links to keep everyone busy!  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2012 · museodeartecarrillogil , All rights reserved | Proudly Powered by